Center Ice Logo...

elcrusho

I've been championing the original logo as our Center Ice logo for a long time. I love how the Oilers have theirs.

However, I'm pretty certain we won't be that lucky.

But Larry, if you're reading this, check out that link and see how cool it would be to have our original logo span the center ice circle.

Also, what happens to the snorting goat head at the top of the scoreboard? :o

I've been wondering thta too. I bet that it is just an insert on the scoreboard and can be removed. They might put the new one or the old one up there. They both have a Buffalo on them, so we might still have the smoke. I love the smoke.

Regarding the scoreboard, I recall hearing that they will be replacing it soon. I'm not sure if that means this year or what, but that thing is old and out of style. Anyone see the new Flyers LED jumbrotron? It's crazy cool.

The video portion of the jumbotron has sucked since day 1. It is almost impossible to see the puck on replays. When it crashed to the ice, this should have been an omen to replace it with something better. ;)

Regarding the scoreboard, I recall hearing that they will be replacing it soon. I'm not sure if that means this year or what, but that thing is old and out of style. Anyone see the new Flyers LED jumbrotron? It's crazy cool.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2668.asp

you know, a nice 4 sided 16:9 aspect ratio HD lcd setup would be really sweet. It could go in with my master plan of convincing golisano to fund an HD buffalo sabres network, available locally on time warner/adelphia or whatever it is now, and DirectTV.

I for one think this is amazing...

LINK

If your going to use the Fugly Slug logo's then at least use the better logo as your Center Ice logo

Can't imagine that the NHL would allow so much color in the faceoff circle. I'm sure there's some abstract rule (or secret memo) concerning such.

Still nice, though.

I've been wondering thta too. I bet that it is just an insert on the scoreboard and can be removed. They might put the new one or the old one up there. They both have a Buffalo on them, so we might still have the smoke. I love the smoke.

I like the rumbling Buffalo stampede. Do they still do that?

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcr...mgAnch=imgAnch3

God this is just such an INCREDIBLE thing to see ... what a hockey logo should be, and what it should NEVER be ... its incredible to see how in this useage, the slug just appears to be even more of a joke .. even if it were to read as a buffalo, and not a slug .. its still YELLOW ... what kind of team rallies behind a YELLOW BUFFALO ... its just a joke.

Yeah John I could have downloaded that for NHL06 But I CHOOOSE never to do that

When NHL07 or NHL08 comes out I will be sure to keep my current Sabres jerseys and NEVER let the Sabres play with those jerseys on

its incredible to see how in this useage, the slug just appears to be even more of a joke
I'm not a gamer guy, but from that photobucket listing, those Sluggalo pictures are from NHL 2006 or something you can add and edit? :huh: It looks even worse more than ever !!! At least it had Sabre players with the throwback blue and golds to coincide with the center ice logo. Guess this means the yellow Sluggalo is for real?

Well, the YELLOW Buffalo looks absolutley horrible and SabresForCup's Avatar doesn't do anything to improve by having the "lettering", as was mentioned by L. Quinn. Boy, talk about dropping the ball, how did they ever go from a GREAT WHITE BUFFALO to this yellow Monstrosity??

.....the HORROR ! :angry:

I'll be wearing my old school Blue and white jerseys out here in Vegas while rooting for the Sabres. Yep, they lost one online merchandise buyer and most likely, many others. :(

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2668.asp

Imagine watching Campbell steamroll Umberger on that nice clear screen. Mmmmmm.

Good Lord! There's so much on that scoreboard that no one will watch the game! I know technology has moved ahead, but I liked the old scoreboard at the Aud. it had team names, game time, score and penalty time. What else do you need?

Yeah, I know everyone likes to watch replays (even the players, which actually kind of bothers me). But, the action is on the ice, so why muck about?

I really don't mean to be reactionary - it's just that I'm staring down the barrel of my 50th birthday and I'm beginning to miss all the "good old days".

-Ed :wacko:

Oh, if I'm not mistaken, back at the Aud there were two Sabres' logos in the center ice circle; one facing each side of the Aud.

Oh, if I'm not mistaken, back at the Aud there were two Sabres' logos in the center ice circle; one facing each side of the Aud.

you're absolutely right .. although I always wondered even then, why they didn't fill the whole circle, and how excellent it would have looked.

Archived