I Love the New Logo

eggo

I think most people are pissed that it isn't the original logo and that is why they are complaining so much.

Maybe you are echoing sentiments of some Sabre fans but not this one. I was one of the 5 people who was happy about the change to the screaming goathead. I started watching the Sabres around 1990 and the blue and gold just meant losing to the Habs and Bruins. So reverting back to that outdated logo would not have made me happy. Sorry purists.

Maybe you are echoing sentiments of some Sabre fans but not this one. I was one of the 5 people who was happy about the change to the screaming goathead. I started watching the Sabres around 1990 and the blue and gold just meant losing to the Habs and Bruins. So reverting back to that outdated logo would not have made me happy. Sorry purists.

Freakin' newbie!

I don't care about what everyone says, I think if Larry Quinn and the Sabres organization think it's a good looking logo, then really what could any of us say about it? Perhaps we'll like it when we see the whole package. We should at least give it a chance!

hehehe... thats a good one

"If Larry Quinn says its right, thne it mudt be right"

Just because something is popular doesn't make it the best, just look at AOL, Microsoft and McDonalds.

Since the whole point of this thing from the team's perspective is to sell jerseys and get fans excited and make money, the fact that it is UNpopular means it is a HUGE failure. When it comes to something like this, best DOES equal most popular.

eggo, face it, your Saltine Man avatar would make a better logo than the Sluggalo. It has three things going for it that the Sluggalo does not: 1. It has legs. 2. It has a weapon. 3. It has meaning to Buffalonians -- isn't that OJ creeping up on Ron Goldman?

I think it's a waste of time to sign the petition. I think it's too late, I'm sure the "wheels are in motion" with the production of new Sabres merchandise. What they wear shouldn't matter. All that really matters is they play like they did last year and bring the Cup to Buffalo!!

Ask the Islanders fan if it was a waste of time protesting the Gorton's Fisherman?

And with some of the players they let go, and from the sounds of others who are tiring of the 1 yr contracts that want to test the free agency in the coming years, I am not sure we have much more to hold on to but a logo.

I think it's a waste of time to sign the petition. I think it's too late, I'm sure the "wheels are in motion" with the production of new Sabres merchandise. What they wear shouldn't matter. All that really matters is they play like they did last year and bring the Cup to Buffalo!!

Are you going to buy a $180 Sweater that you don't like?

Ask the Islanders fan if it was a waste of time protesting the Gorton's Fisherman?

And with some of the players they let go, and from the sounds of others who are tiring of the 1 yr contracts that want to test the free agency in the coming years, I am not sure we have much more to hold on to but a logo.

Islanders fans have enough to worry about right now with Snowman in charge.

Since the whole point of this thing from the team's perspective is to sell jerseys and get fans excited and make money, the fact that it is UNpopular means it is a HUGE failure. When it comes to something like this, best DOES equal most popular.

Whether it will be unpopular remains to be seen. I don't recall a whole lot of enthusiasm over the goathead design when it was unveiled, but there's a half-generation of Sabres fans who never have known a different logo. And the merchandise seemed to sell pretty well.

I don't like the new logo--I may fit into the category described above of fans who don't like it because it isn't the old "circle" logo. I don't dislike it any more than the goathead, which always looked to me like it belonged on a pissed-off bottle of Elmer's glue. I dislike both. I didn't buy a goathead jersey (I have the "third" jersey) and I won't buy a "slugger."

But my opinion plus 10,000 signatures on a meaningless electronic petition have nothing to do with whether the new logo will be popular. We all will watch games & go to them. Kids will want what the pros are wearing, whatever it is. If the Sabres succeed with the new design, it likely will become popular no matter its aesthetic value; car flags will fly, bars will give away jerseys, and the reconfiguration of fan opinion will commence.

yeah they should really just give every player a 5-year deal and drive the payroll up beyond revenues and go into bankruptcy again ... then we really WILL be left with nothing more than a logo.

yeah they should really just give every player a 5-year deal and drive the payroll up beyond revenues and go into bankruptcy again ... then we really WILL be left with nothing more than a logo.

Not exactly, but what kind of business model is it when you negotiate every year and you are paying top dollar every year?

Where is the value player? There isn't any. Every year you are going to be taken right back into arbitration and you're going to be paying X% more.

And perhaps that X% will be a few ticks more than you could have gotten him for had you signed him to a 3 or 4 year deal.

That is one of the things I admire about the MLB Twins and Indians. They recognize their young talent and lock them up. And some of them turn out to be super players who are locked in to longer deals at a moderate value. And when the contract expires they move on.

But I don't see how this tactic the Sabres are taking is saving them money. They are paying top dollar for every player, every year.

Not exactly, but what kind of business model is it when you negotiate every year and you are paying top dollar every year?

Where is the value player? There isn't any. Every year you are going to be taken right back into arbitration and you're going to be paying X% more.

And perhaps that X% will be a few ticks more than you could have gotten him for had you signed him to a 3 or 4 year deal.

That is one of the things I admire about the MLB Twins and Indians. They recognize their young talent and lock them up. And some of them turn out to be super players who are locked in to longer deals at a moderate value. And when the contract expires they move on.

But I don't see how this tactic the Sabres are taking is saving them money. They are paying top dollar for every player, every year.

I think we need to give them a chance to do what you are suggesting. The only way to have done it was to have a crystal ball last summer and predict a 52-win season and that salaries would still go up for free agents lock everybody up then. Remember, NO ONE expected all of that. No one expected all these guys going to arbitration to have great years (and really, did they all have great years? Do you think they are going to have to pay"top dollar" for all of them? Max and Briere probably, but the others did not have impressive regular seasons on the surface. The team was greater than the sum of its parts.)

I agree they have to do what you are suggesting, but you can't put a gun to Briere's head or Tallinder's head and make him sign a long term deal. They see a huge payday in the not-so-distant future.They can just say no.

If Briere rejects a nice long term deal, wouldn't that make him a hypocrite? In a move I applauded at the time, Briere back in June said he was concerned about the Sabres' ability to keep the team together. He said players were worried about the direction of the team. If they pony up for him, how can he say no?

If Briere rejects a nice long term deal, wouldn't that make him a hypocrite? In a move I applauded at the time, Briere back in June said he was concerned about the Sabres' ability to keep the team together. He said players were worried about the direction of the team. If they pony up for him, how can he say no?

$5 million plus would certainly take the sting off of being called a hypocrite.

Perhaps we'll like it when we see the whole package. We should at least give it a chance!

If you put a piece of S-H-I-T on a $1000 fine china plate instead of a paper plate, does it taste any better? :rolleyes: If you don't like the logo now, it is not going to look better just because you are now seeing it on a jersey.

Hey I hear ya ... but in his opinion if they don't give him exactly what he thinks he is worth, they are not making the effort ... if he rejects $5 million a year (a VERY fair offer showing commitment to this team and its leaders) and gets $6 million from someone next season, he can just say "I was worth $6 million and Buffalo would not pay it." Like I have said before, the players never want to meet the team halfway. In their mind "we want to keep the team together" means "pay us all what we think we deserve" ...

I hope I am underestimating Briere, I hope he does give a little to get a deal done, but his agent will likely advise against it.

If you put a piece of S-H-I-T on a $1000 fine china plate instead of a paper plate, does it taste any better? :rolleyes: If you don't like the logo now, it is not going to look better just because you are now seeing it on a jersey.

may be the best made point yet about these morons suggesting to "wait and see the jersey" :lol: :lol:

Archived