I Love the New Logo

eggo

I don't care about what everyone says, I think if Larry Quinn and the Sabres organization think it's a good looking logo, then really what could any of us say about it? Perhaps we'll like it when we see the whole package. We should at least give it a chance!

I don't care about what everyone says, I think if Larry Quinn and the Sabres organization think it's a good looking logo, then really what could any of us say about it? Perhaps we'll like it when we see the whole package. We should at least give it a chance!

Do you want to lead us in a singing circle of Kumbaya? I think you've been smokin screamin weasel pellets.

Hey, look everyone, it's Schopp & the Bulldog!

the crazy thing about it is that it is all about personal taste ... it's HARD to produce something SO bad that it is nearly universally disliked. This is the first i have heard of anyone saying they like it. that doesn't make eggo wrong, if he likes it, he likes it. But I gotta believe such an enormous negative response has to have the Sabres wondering about their choice.

I apologize for the redundency, I just heard about it.

Well you joined today and have already created two completely redundant threads. Quite a start. I don't know if it bugs other people as much as it bugs me, but I hate seeing 85 threads all about the same thing. Take a quick look around (at least on the first page) before starting a thread and you'll make me a much happier person (still pretty miserable though).

eggo, don't worry about those pesky board refs. I think a new thread is appropriate since you are the first person on record to like the thing. Can you tell us why you like it?

<<PASabreFan gets out a ball peen hammer and start wacking away at his patella.>>

Look, Larry -- or Larry's assistant, or Larry's hairpiece ... whoever you are -- I'm glad you joined to boards today, welcome.

I could not agree more: What standing do we have, as the mere consumers of the products that the Sabres both put on the ice and into the stream of commerce, to voice our collective outrage over the franchise's choice of a crest that makes a mockery of, rather than pays homage to, the team's storied tradition?

Rock on, Lar. (Or at least: Please tell Lar to 'rock on.')

the crazy thing about it is that it is all about personal taste ... it's HARD to produce something SO bad that it is nearly universally disliked. This is the first i have heard of anyone saying they like it. that doesn't make eggo wrong, if he likes it, he likes it. But I gotta believe such an enormous negative response has to have the Sabres wondering about their choice.

I stated in another post that I don't think its all that bad like everyone is saying, with a little tweaking, I don't think it would be bad at all. I think most people are pissed that it isn't the original logo and that is why they are complaining so much. I currently like the existing logo and think they shoul keep that, or tweak it a bit to add some crossed Sabres behind it. Then to appease the old timers, change the team colors to Blue and Gold. There really is no need to completly change everything.

It sort of has that sleek. in your face look. Kind of like saying: "if you don't keep an eye on that puck I'm gonna grab it and put it in the net" kind of sleekness.

Slugs aren't sleek, they are slow.

I think most people are pissed that it isn't the original logo and that is why they are complaining so much.

I disagree. I think most are pissed because it is a god awful design. I would rather have the goat than this one. My preference is not at all based on the old logo. It is based on how the slug design looks.

I don't mind the logo. I think it will look good on a jersey.

THAT"S IT. I'm going to drive around, find all you yayhoos, and slap your faces with my giant banana slug.

Did LQ have a meeting with all his cronies and tell them to infiltrate message boards and start spreading "good will" about the banana slug? Seriously, I don't get this at all. :blink:

THAT"S IT. I'm going to drive around, find all you yayhoos, and slap your faces with my giant banana slug.

Did LQ have a meeting with all his cronies and tell them to infiltrate message boards and start spreading "good will" about the banana slug? Seriously, I don't get this at all. :blink:

He went to the City Mission and hired them for the day like scalpers do, and they are all sitting at the public library using the public terminals and posting this stuff. :P

Archived