Peters signs

sarge66

Good, maybe others will follow suit, although I was least worried about him.

What a relief. Now that they've got his contract negotiations behind them and finally have a salary slotting system, they should be able to wrap up the rest of the negotiations in prompt order. <_<

On an unrelated note, the Sabres gave the rights to a 28 year old Czech league defenseman, Jan Hejda, to Edmonton for a 7th round pick.

What a relief. Now that they've got his contract negotiations behind them and finally have a salary slotting system, they should be able to wrap up the rest of the negotiations in prompt order. <_<

On an unrelated note, the Sabres gave the rights to a 28 year old Czech league defenseman, Jan Hejda, to Edmonton for a 7th round pick.

I'm not sure if the Sabres had any interest in signing this guy, but if the Oilers want to give us a 7th round pick for him, all the more power to Darcy.

Now can you get around to trading Biron!! B-)

what a waste of money and a roster spot....he has no use in the new NHL....will play him to play in rochester or to be a scratch every night....

The sabres staff must see something in Peters if they signed him for another year. He was skating better with the puck in the later games of the year, although he obviously still has a lot to work on. Camp this year will probably determine if he stays on the roster or not. If he doesn't crack the line-up I don't think he will object to a short-stint in Rochester to get him the confidence and experience to play the game at the new speed.

I'm not sure if the Sabres had any interest in signing this guy, but if the Oilers want to give us a 7th round pick for him, all the more power to Darcy.

The guy must be a friend of someone playing for the Oilers. That's the only thing that makes any sense in this deal. I'm not complaining though, an extra pick is an extra pick. Paetch was a 7th rounder, I'd take another one like that.

I guess we could look at it as at least they signed at least one of their RFA's. One down and 20-something (?) more to go! It looked to me like they weren't going to sign anyone before arbitration. Although, it looks like a bunch of them will still hit arbitration.

Love him or hate him, Peters will definitely be on the roster next year. He'll have the same role he had this year. He'll dress for about 1/3 of the games, esp. whenever the opponent is likely to dress its designated fighter. Hopefully he'll also say hello to Darius Kasparitis and Darcy Tucker.

I'm convinced that Lindy is a firm believer in having a guy like Peters on the roster and available when needed. Since it's pretty clear that Lindy knows what he's doing, and since Peters doesn't take up much of the budget, this move makes sense to me.

I remember hearing several of the Sabres say in interviews last season how Peters is the funniest guy they've ever been around in hockey. And you'd have to think there's a fair amount of admiration that skilled players have for the enforcer types. Maybe all that adds up to Peters being a bit of "glue" in a lockerroom that is said to be very tight.

I remember hearing several of the Sabres say in interviews last season how Peters is the funniest guy they've ever been around in hockey. And you'd have to think there's a fair amount of admiration that skilled players have for the enforcer types. Maybe all that adds up to Peters being a bit of "glue" in a lockerroom that is said to be very tight.

Very good point. Peters knows his role, and he doesn't bitch. He's making almost nothing, and no it's not a waste of $$$, if our payroll was almost maxed out then yea maybe, but were $10min under the cap.

Glad he's sticking around.

I didnt understand why peters wanted arbitration at first, but an article mentioned that the deal he signed was one-way so even if he got sent down to the minors he would make his NHL salary. Considering minors make like $50,000 and NHLers make $500,000 its a pretty big deal to the player. Its a good deal for the sabres too because he barely makes above the minimum and it never hurts to have him on the team.

I'd say the golf swing is a good sign of his sense of humor.

• 2 months later...

I'd say the golf swing is a good sign of his sense of humor.

He will never live that down. That is the one memory I will retain of him. (Not to mention how he took out Brian McGratton with a square hit on the button)

He will never live that down. That is the one memory I will retain of him. (Not to mention how he took out Brian McGratton with a square hit on the button)

He shouldn't live it down, he should live it UP! I'm no Peters fan, but that swing was awesome.

Archived