Tallinder

puma2577

Lindy really said he's out of the playoffs? If that's the case, I don't think it's a wrist. I've played a whole season of hockey on a broken wrist. He must have broke his lower or upper arm.

Did anyone see him take a hit or anything? I watched his last shift and didn't notice him get hurt at all.

Teppo better be back tomorrow or that game turns into a Game Seven type situation. We can't drop Game Four if we're down three d-men.

The TSN article mentioned having Pominville play some D... interesting, although I'm not too excited about that prospect. It would free up a forward spot to get Mair back into the lineup however... I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I just hope Teppo is back.

I can't believe our bad luck... if anyone on the team deserves to play for the Cup this year, Tallinder is certainly one of the guys. Words can not express how I feel....

If anyone has inside info on where to send Henrick "thank you" letters and get well wishes, please let us know... this goes for Connolly and the rest as well.

Come on boys, let's overcome once more and win this damn thing!

A major loss, to be sure, but far from insurmountable. Lindy will come up with something, the forwards will backcheck better, Miller will be sharper...the team will rise up together and meet the latest challenge.

Go Sabres.

I posted this last night. I saw the hit.

I just re-watched the third period.

With 6:06 left, Tallinder retrieved a puck on the half-wall to Miller's right. He backhanded the puck out of the zone, and Recchi (I think) checked him while his left arm was extended (he's a left hand shot). Recchi didn't hit the body, he hit the extended arm.

I would guess sprained wrist or hyperextended elbow. Maybe a broken forearm. Not good.

By the way, I hate that I'm right.

That's a pretty serious blow and loss for our D. I can't see how this would not affect the level of play of our D. Now with 50% of our D injured, we could suffer. If Lindy if considering using Pominville back on D, it seems to show how concerned he is with the situation or lack of confidence in the guys we got left.

A major loss, to be sure, but far from insurmountable. Lindy will come up with something, the forwards will backcheck better, Miller will be sharper...the team will rise up together and meet the latest challenge.

Go Sabres.

There's a simple solution: keep the puck in the Carolina zone.

Now, THIS injury, folks, is gonna HURT.

Tallinder is our fastest defenseman. Highest scoring defenseman. Doesn't make mistakes. I think he and Lydman have been as good as any tandem in the league in this playoffs.

This will be the biggest test of the team's mettle.

Now, THIS injury, folks, is gonna HURT.

Tallinder is our fastest defenseman. Highest scoring defenseman. Doesn't make mistakes. I think he and Lydman have been as good as any tandem in the league in this playoffs.

This will be the biggest test of the team's mettle.

I'm sick of this, I've never seen so many fluke injuries on one team before!

Well, its hard to believe that even w/ this latest injury, as much as tallinder has meant to the team, that the remaining guys will let this newest 'bump' in the road get them down. I don't see that happening, not with this team. Honestly, if this is our last injury hurdle that we have to clear(and i'm hoping that's the case) we will be able to overcome this. Think about it:

Pominville playing on the point, mayb splitting his time w/ janik's/paesch opens up a spot for mair to come in and provides a spark, if not a sense of 'aright, finally someone returns to the line up'.

Remember, mair...one of our more RELIABLE defensive forwards.... Message to Lindy: WE NEED MAIR BACK!!!

with the weaked defensive pairing of lets say...Pominville/Janik (which adds up to the production of 1/2 of a tallinder) his d-partner: lyman would need a forward like Hect or MAIR and i think if a combination of the following three are on the ice(allong w/ two other forward obviously): Lyman(D), Pominville/Janik(D), Hect(defensve forward), Mair(defensive forward) we could cover the loss of henrik and stage off the effects of defensemen's fatigue

G/L to Henrik, WHat a solid D-man for us, I hate to see him go down, w/ such play he deserves to be in there.

I'm sick of this, I've never seen so many fluke injuries on one team before!

It sucks, to be sure, but you play with who ya got, and we still have a ton of really good players.

Also, perhaps the law of averages will catch up and the other guys will lose somebody valuable and/or we'll get one or more of our guys back.

Either way, this team forges ahead. We don't panic. We don't quit. We play hard for 60 minutes, at home, on the road, wherever.

We will overcome this.

Go Sabres.

It sucks, to be sure, but you play with who ya got, and we still have a ton of really good players.

Also, perhaps the law of averages will catch up and the other guys will lose somebody valuable and/or we'll get one or more of our guys back.

Either way, this team forges ahead. We don't panic. We don't quit. We play hard for 60 minutes, at home, on the road, wherever.

We will overcome this.

Go Sabres.

Well, looking on the bright side, we probably won't see another complacency issue like in game 2 :P

Am i the only one on the face of the earth (save 23 skaters, hopefully) who does not see the Tallinder injury as a crushing blow injury? The sabres won last night without henrik in the 3rd, teppo is probably a 60/40 for playing tomorrow, mair is due back, pominville may dress at defense, the sabres still have 12 AWESOME offensemen, jillson played great, rory played decent enough for the sabres, Lindy ruff is still the coach, and the sabres are up 2-1 playing AT HOME... There should be no excuses for the tallinder injury. SH-- Happens, get over it. The sabres lost their captain for half the year and things turned out ok for them... Our goalie was hurt, things turned out ok... We still have mckee, campbell, and lydman... The positives keep rolling. There are zero reasons for me to hang my head today. A 2-1 lead, playing at home for game 4 is good enough for me to end my point...

Am i the only one on the face of the earth (save 23 skaters, hopefully) who does not see the Tallinder injury as a crushing blow injury? The sabres won last night without henrik in the 3rd, teppo is probably a 60/40 for playing tomorrow, mair is due back, pominville may dress at defense, the sabres still have 12 AWESOME offensemen, jillson played great, rory played decent enough for the sabres, Lindy ruff is still the coach, and the sabres are up 2-1 playing AT HOME... There should be no excuses for the tallinder injury. SH-- Happens, get over it. The sabres lost their captain for half the year and things turned out ok for them... Our goalie was hurt, things turned out ok... We still have mckee, campbell, and lydman... The positives keep rolling. There are zero reasons for me to hang my head today. A 2-1 lead, playing at home for game 4 is good enough for me to end my point...

It's good enough for me too. But it wouldn't be Buffalo if the sky wasn't falling. :P

Glass half empty...

Tallinder only missed the last 6 minutes of the 3rd period, not an entire game(like from here on out)

Teppo coming back will help, but not if he is rushed back and reinjures himself

Mair does not play defense

Pominville does not play defense and never has. Playing the point on the PP, does not qualify him to skate a 5 on 5 shift as a blueliner.

Fitzpatrick played okay and so did Campbell, but if these two being part of your top 4 defenseman doesn't scare the hell out of you, then you are fearless.

This team fears nothing. They have answered every challenge and made the most out of every opportunity. Rally around these guys, because they've given us a hell of a ride! Every player has raised the level of their game during this season. They'll do it again on Friday. Sabres fans be loud and proud, because this team is not going to let us down!

If this game were on the road or if Buffalo were down a game, I would definitely want Teppo back. With the game being at home and Lindy being able to hide the weakest guy, if he is ANYTHING less than 95%, I don't want him playing and reaggravating the injury and being out until October.

The crowd needs to step it up and keep these guys flying tomorrow night.

Glass half empty...

Tallinder only missed the last 6 minutes of the 3rd period, not an entire game(like from here on out)

Teppo coming back will help, but not if he is rushed back and reinjures himself

Mair does not play defense

Pominville does not play defense and never has. Playing the point on the PP, does not qualify him to skate a 5 on 5 shift as a blueliner.

Fitzpatrick played okay and so did Campbell, but if these two being part of your top 4 defenseman doesn't scare the hell out of you, then you are fearless.

It's not like it doesn't scare the hell out of me, i am fairly confident that this latest injury does not scare the hell out of the sabres players. I'd be on the edge of my seat if the 6 best defensemen of all time were playing for the sabres, just like i'd be on the edge if some ECHL players took the ice for the team... For this particular team, it just does not matter. You'll have guys like gaustad, pyatt, grier, and drury stepping up int he d-zone... you'll have afinogenov hopefully cashing in on his ridiculous amounts of chances... They will find a way to adjust and win tomorrow. I was scared crapless after monday's game... I'm confident as hell after yesterday...

This team fears nothing. They have answered every challenge and made the most out of every opportunity. Rally around these guys, because they've given us a hell of a ride! Every player has raised the level of their game during this season. They'll do it again on Friday. Sabres fans be loud and proud, because this team is not going to let us down!

exactly.,

I've said before that Tallinder has developed into a very fine defenceman. It should be a crushing blow, except for one thing. The Sabres development program is so closely tied to Rochester, and has so many players who have spent a lot of time in Rochester, that I think the players all have confidence in the guys being called up.

Ryan Miller spoke about Jillson quite fondly, I thought. He said something to the effect of it was nice to see Jillson come up and have a chance to prove what he can do. Miller has confidence in the guys down there. I think all the Sabres do. That's a big difference to not knowing the players when they get called up.

What a defense!! McKee and Campbell. Lydman and Jillson. Fitzpatrick and Janik. What about Paetsch? I thought he performed ok earlier this year. Is there any talk of him playing? Is he more mobile than Janik? Janik seemed prone to grabbing onto forwards instead of trying to out-score them.

Archived