OT - IIHF worlds 24

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Leaving tomorrow for Prague. Bringing my signed Iginla 2002 Salt Lake jersey and a goat head hat to show support for Cozens, Power and Byram.

Bucket list item would be to bump into Hasek.

Saw him at a Bills game last year talking with John Murphy and a couple Bills employees

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, French Collection said:

Haven’t looked, I’m watching Peterka and Germany vs USA.

Oops, forgot they were playing! 

Norway had the lead after P1. 3-2. Czechia came back to win. Good outcome for the locals and comeback wins are always nice. 

Enjoy the trip - Give the cameras a wee wave. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Austria with five unanswered goals in the 3rd to tie it up? Against Canada? 

It was shocking to all of the fans, including the Austrians.

They were celebrating outside with drums and songs. They kept it going on the subway.

I was bummed that Canada played that poorly and that Binnington couldn’t stop a beach ball but it was a cool atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, French Collection said:

Heading to the rink.

Finland vs Austria then Canada vs Norway.

The beer in Czechia was really hyped up and it is excellent.

Beers from continental Europe ruined me for American beers.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Heading to the rink.

Finland vs Austria then Canada vs Norway.

The beer in Czechia was really hyped up and it is excellent.

Have fun, drink awesome beer awesomely. Loads of good ones. Wire lucky that we can get lots of them here. My local supermarkets own label beer is actually brewed in Czechia by staropramen. Lovely. 

• Like (+1) 1

My daughter, who can't usually drink North American beer due to food allergies, has no such problems in Europe.

She was in Prague this time last year and raved about the beer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My daughter, who can't usually drink North American beer due to food allergies, has no such problems in Europe.

Additives?

A lot of Euro brews tend to stick to Purity Laws

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Beers from continental Europe ruined me for American beers.

Beer is like pizza. Even the low quality stuff is still good. I'll drink any beer and enjoy it, whether it be cheap-swill North America macro, high hop craft beer, Euro pilsner... It's all good.

That said, a grapefruit radler is the Hawaiian Pizza of beer. Again, I'll still drink it, but it would be much better without the grapefruit, just as the pizza would be better off without the pineapple.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Additives?

A lot of Euro brews tend to stick to Purity Laws

We think so.

it was basically the same with all wheat products over your way: pasta, bread etc.

Makes her sick over here, but she was in her glory over there; spent 10 weeks last summer

Lucky she was walking so much, otherwise she probably would have needed a new wardrobe. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Beer is like pizza. Even the low quality stuff is still good. I'll drink any beer and enjoy it, whether it be cheap-swill North America macro, high hop craft beer, Euro pilsner... It's all good.

That said, a grapefruit radler is the Hawaiian Pizza of beer. Again, I'll still drink it, but it would be much better without the grapefruit, just as the pizza would be better off without the pineapple.

Wish I could agree, but I’ve had beers so bad that drinking urine strained thru Fat Bastard’s soiled underwear would have been preferable. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wish I could agree, but I’ve had beers so bad that drinking urine strained thru Fat Bastard’s soiled underwear would have been preferable. 

Maybe it went bad. I've had that happen to me before. One time I emailed the brewery and got 2 free cases.

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

I spent a week in Prague a few years ago. One day was completely dedicated to beer sampling. What a day, haha. Nightcap was a fancy absinthe in a very creepy underground bar. Can't recommend beautiful Prague enough.