OT - IIHF worlds 24

45 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I’m not sure if you are being cheeky, but it could be UPL.

Joel Hofer is coming along.

The current best may well be Binnington. Adin Hill?

Somewhat interesting is that of the last 10 cup winners, 7 had a Canadian starting goalie who came out of major junior (Crawford, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Binnington, Kuemper and Hill). 

I’m looking for the elite goalies. Your suggestions for the current best, those are just laughable (I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing at Canada). All the Levi mentions earlier, those are so ridiculously premature. He’s not a part of the discussion right now. 

Long story short, Canada is not producing goalies. I’d love to know why. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

We’re running out of weird kids who can’t skate.

But didn't they always say that the goalie is supposed to be the best skater on the team?😁

I was on one team in particular where our two goalies were the best and worst skaters on the team.  I didn't know what to believe anymore.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

But didn't they always say that the goalie is supposed to be the best skater on the team?😁

I was on one team in particular where our two goalies were the best and worst skaters on the team.  I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Most goalies I’ve known are not the best skaters, as far as stride, crossovers, pivoting etc…

The need to be on their skates for close to 60 minutes is big part of the comfort end of things. The edge work required is totally different as are the side to side pushes.

Totally different skating technique.