Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

Can you imagine if they’d have hired Rod Brindamour and we had to look at his stupid Carolina cup raising face on a day to day basis? No thanks. Hard pass. Adams is enough. 

Id rather reign in hell 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He got the most votes. Spin it at way you want. He was the most popular choice amongst the SabreSpace crowd.

One thing you can say about Lindy. He likes it here.

Spin it? You're the only one here doing that. Hell, the poll doesn't even measure what you're claiming and a whopping 72% voted for someone else. That's not spin kid, those are called facts. 

Edited by LGR4GM

29 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

I understand everyone who thinks rehiring Ruff is a cop-out or in my words: the lowest hanging fruit to bringing back the glory days.

But it very well could be worse. It couldve been a Ralph Krueger. It couldve been Matt Ellis or Seth Appert. Whenever you think something is bad, just think of how it couldve been worse. And be thankful we didn't go with the worse option. Ruff at least brings some respectability to the role. Players will take him seriously & Ruff will hold them accountable.

I would at least, not expect us to take a step back next year. We should at least be even or better than this year. Im really trying to find the positive in this lol.

lol!  The bar has shifted!

Just now, Thorny said:

Can you imagine if they’d have hired Rod Brindamour and we had to look at his stupid Carolina cup raising face on a day to day basis? No thanks. Hard pass. Adams is enough. 

Id rather reign in hell 

Have you not been here the last 13 years?

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Have you not been here the last 13 years?

Enabling me to speak with conviction from experience 

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Trick question, the franchise hasn’t added any young fans since Ruff left. 

It’s like CHILDREN OF MEN (2006)

Im 54 years old and I’m the youngest contributor to this board 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I just thought about this - I wonder how many Sabres fans are too young to remember Lindy ruff? 

How many Sabres fans too young to remember Ruff are there?  

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is that how he got to be 5th all time in WINS in NHL history? 

Kinda, yea. Total wins in any sport in never a judgment of success but just doing a thing for a long time. Kinda like people that complain when they get left behind for younger more talented people with the justification that "I've been doing this for 35 years!", forgetting that quality always trumps quantity.

Jeff Fisher is 11th all time in NFL wins for the same reason.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

II haven't contributed/responded on sabrespace since Lindy being let go and the ushering in of the now famous Tank/Rebuild. I'm excited about the hire and look forward to Lindy's footprint on this team...Figuratively and perhaps literally?? I'm back with Lindy!!

• Like (+1) 5

As far as Mike Weber as an assistant, he is a dark horse candidate for the head coaching job in Ottawa apparently.  Late last week I was listening to 590 out of Toronto, they spent a few minutes talking about the Ottawa job and his name was brought up (not as the favorite but they did bring it up).

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

It's times like this I really don't think Adams has much power.  The big decisions seem to be made by the owner behind the curtain. 

I like the hiring, I like Ruff and want him to do well. But at the same time, I think what you said has more truth to it than most want to admit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Now that’s a hot take. I don’t think you meant to say “never”.

I absolutely did. Total wins is NEVER an appropriate or valuable statistic to use. I already mentioned why. It's what we call a "vanity metric". Winning percentage is infinitely more valuable and applying winning percentage over X games gives you an apples to apples comparison against peer groups.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Whether you’re elated or deflated about this hiring, I can’t wait to see how Lindy handles Skinner, and what Jeff Skinner shows up for the Sabres next year…

There is only one Skinner.  Lindy will tolerate very little.