Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Ol' Mattie got in too many fights. Can't think straight 😛

He came to give a clinic to my brothers travel team 8-9 years ago. He could barely tie his skates and moved like ***** but once he got on the ice his edge work was incredible. It was hard to believe at the time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some did? Those with an opinion code Lindy most. 

Screenshot_2024-04-22-19-09-44-13_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The question was who will be the next coach. I voted Ruff. I did not want Ruff. This was a predictable, PR move that may or may not work but either way staves off season ticket holder exodus another year. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

While it’s underwhelming because of the past connection as well as nostalgia factor; I also feel confident Lindy will find a way to grind this team to the playoffs or die trying. Next will be to see what assistants he brings in and roster moves.

Just now, thewookie1 said:

While it’s underwhelming because of the past connection as well as nostalgia factor; I also feel confident Lindy will find a way to grind this team to the playoffs or die trying. Next will be to see what assistants he brings in and roster moves.

Gonna be hilarious when Adams runs back 12 of 14 forwards and 6 of 8 defenders while using rookies for the vacant spots.

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

@LGR4GMjust tell me one thing: can you envision Lindy interviewing on the way to the locker room and filling the shoes of Gene Hackman while doing this?

Search your feelings.. 

He needs the hat.  But yes. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

We could have done far, far worse. Lindy’s middle name is accountability, the club med training camp and practices are over, and the boys better lace ‘em up tight.

Any truth to the rumor Ruff is insisting on making a strong push to get VO back in the fold?  

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

You know what, I didn’t realize how much I wanted Ruff until it happened. 

Hockey aside (yes), I just like him. I like Lindy Ruff and what he represents and always really liked him in Buffalo. Love how he stands up for the players.  I’ve struggled so much with a disconnect of late with this roster and this management, I don’t even care how superficial a factor it seems, it’s honestly really not: I WANT to root for Lindy.

He makes me like the team more. If it’s a gimmick hire - I’m sorry:

well done. 

While I'm underwhelmed, I agree with much of this and how you feel about Lindy. 

Just hope it works out. I'm skeptical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Lindy ruff peaked 20 years ago as a coach and has done nothing sense. This is the laziest retread of a retread hire they could have possibly made.

I would've rather they hire the skeleton of Scotty Bowman.

Is that how he got to be 5th all time in WINS in NHL history?  

But, don’t let that stand in the way of your misery

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We could have done far, far worse. Lindy’s middle name is accountability, the club med training camp and practices are over, and the boys better lace ‘em up tight.

Any truth to the rumor Ruff is insisting on making a strong push to get VO back in the fold?  

VO as in Victor O. ?   That would be interesting

• Eyeroll 2

Having chewed on it a bit I think:

1. Lindy was the guy before the season ended. There was no coaching search. 

2. Lindy will get the players to work hard again and get us to the playoffs and break this ungodly drought. 

3. Once we become a playoff team again and hit the patented “Lindy Ceiling”, we look for the coach that puts us over the top, hopefully with the organization having a better reputation at that point. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Man, thinking 27.83% is "most" is just bad math. That means 72.17% thought someone else would be coach. 

He got the most votes. Spin it at way you want. He was the most popular choice amongst the SabreSpace crowd.

One thing you can say about Lindy. He likes it here. His wife wasn't going to put the kibosh on the move because there's no Gucci stores in WNY.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Eyeroll 1