Adams & Granato to return?

inkman

I imagine the Assistants are fired over the next 24-48 hours, Bales maybe stays on

They did announce Housley’s End of the Season Press Conference before he was fired. 

That being said Granato stays on, he should be replaced . There are 3.9 million reasons that TP keeps Him. 

My Guess is Seth Appert gets promoted to Asst Coach in Buffalo and with apologies to Amerks Fans Ellis takes over as HC in Rochester. 

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I like @inkman so I will be nice about this: you don't show your cards while you're still playing your hand.

If they announced it would only be Adams Friday, then that would make tonight's game super awkward, including the post game media scrum. 

I'm not saying Meatballs is staying or leaving, but they are clearly playing the status quo game for today, and probably tomorrow. Meatballs may very well be there and have to answer for this season's coaching job. Maybe they're happy to let him drive the final nails in his coffin, or maybe he's a wizard who has Pegula and Adams mesmerized.

They can let him go any time this month or throughout next month and still be smart about the timing.

Or they can keep him and fire the assistants.

Who knows? Friday don't mean a thing in the cold, cruel world of business.

Edited by ...
whoops, he's not Gomez, alas.
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ... said:

I like @inkman so I will be nice about this: you don't show your cards while you're still playing your hand.

If they announced it would only be Addams Friday, then that would make tonight's game super awkward, including the post game media scrum. 

I'm not saying Meatballs is staying or leaving, but they are clearly playing the status quo game for today, and probably tomorrow. Meatballs may very well be there and have to answer for this season's coaching job. Maybe they're happy to let him drive the final nails in his coffin, or maybe he's a wizard who has Pegula and Addams mesmerized.

They can let him go any time this month or throughout next month and still be smart about the timing.

Or they can keep him and fire the assistants.

Who knows? Friday don't mean a thing in the cold, cruel world of business.

Why not make the announcement later?  It just feels like the org doesn’t quite get it yet. Thanks for being cordial about it. I thought it would be a good discussion understanding the nuances of these situations.  

Edited by inkman

Just now, inkman said:

Why not make the announcement later?  It just feels like the org doesn’t quite get it yet. 

I don't disagree. My guess is that experience is telling them to pick a date and announce it, likely so they aren't bothered by questions all week. The executives would find that annoying normally but I'm sure they would be extra annoyed this year.

They're just buying time because they know the fan base is anxious.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I don't need Kevin to make me feel better with rhetoric or sacrificial lambs.

I have three questions I want answered:

1) One of the league's best offence's disappeared this season, apparently for 3 reasons: the power play was awful, the team could never get bodies and pucks to the net to score any greasy goals, and the team's 5 best goal scorers all regressed significantly.

Why did this happen and how are you going to fix it?

2) This team was absolutely terrible in the first period.

Why did this happen and how are you going to fix it?

3) Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen was among the league's best goalies since Jan. 1. Beyond that, the team and its individual players did not post particularly good numbers in any particular part of the game.

What are you going to do to make sure the Sabres won't be so reliant on one man to be the difference between winning and losing?

Good managers diagnose the root cause of problems and they make corrections.

I want to see a plan for addressing these issues and I will hold him responsible for its execution.

Please don’t tell me you honestly put this much stock in these press conferences. It’s verbal *****. No substance, no real answers. Just spewing corporate platitudes appeasing the masses.  Or not.  They just don’t mean very much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Remember that the football team just made an expensive move. It's still all Pegula's money despite being separated earlier. Who here doubts he's not happy having to consider paying yet another dead contract?

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Please don’t tell me you honestly put this much stock in these press conferences. It’s verbal *****. No substance, no real answers. Just spewing corporate platitudes appeasing the masses.  Or not.  They just don’t mean very much. 

Adams and Meatballs are quite literally like politicians who will say anything to alter a narrative in the direction they want it to go. They make Darcy and Lindy seem like apostles.

14 minutes ago, ... said:

Remember that the football team just made an expensive move. It's still all Pegula's money despite being separated earlier. Who here doubts he's not happy having to consider paying yet another dead contract?

He is actually saving 18.5 million on the Diggs Contract.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I do put some stock in them, not so much as gospel in and of themselves, but as an indicator of what message they want out there, and I also like to read into how they react to the tone and the questions that are posed. What isn’t said is often the most interesting stuff.

Taken within the exact context you describe, you can find a few nuggets.

I would never expect Adams to give me the truthful answers to the questions I posed: those are more my way of telling you fine people what I think his priorities should be and what I care about when it comes to fixing the team.

I’ll get my answers by what he does this summer.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He is actually saving 18.5 million on the Diggs Contract.

Then I don't understand footballs contracts. This is what I know:

"Financially, ESPN reports that this trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation. That means the Bills will incur just over a $31 million dead cap hit this year, which is the highest known dead money charge for a receiver in any season all-time."

from: Bills trade Stefon Diggs to Texans: Grading Houston's blockbuster deal for Buffalo's disgruntled Pro Bowl WR - CBSSports.com

---

In the NFL, a dead cap hit refers to money a team counts against their salary cap for a player who is no longer on their roster. It's essentially "dead money" that restricts a team's ability to sign other players.

Here's how it works:

NFL teams have a salary cap, limiting how much they can spend on player salaries each year.

Player contracts often include guaranteed money, like signing bonuses or guaranteed salary.

If a team cuts a player before the contract is fulfilled, they still owe that guaranteed money.

This guaranteed money that goes to a player no longer on the team counts against the salary cap – that's the dead cap hit.

So, a dead cap hit limits a team's financial flexibility. They're on the hook for money even though the player isn't helping them win games.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

"Financially, ESPN reports that this trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation. That means the Bills will incur just over a $31 million dead cap hit this year, which is the highest known dead money charge for a receiver in any season all-time."

from: Bills trade Stefon Diggs to Texans: Grading Houston's blockbuster deal for Buffalo's disgruntled Pro Bowl WR - CBSSports.com

---

In the NFL, a dead cap hit refers to money a team counts against their salary cap for a player who is no longer on their roster. It's essentially "dead money" that restricts a team's ability to sign other players.

Here's how it works:

NFL teams have a salary cap, limiting how much they can spend on player salaries each year.

Player contracts often include guaranteed money, like signing bonuses or guaranteed salary.

If a team cuts a player before the contract is fulfilled, they still owe that guaranteed money.

This guaranteed money that goes to a player no longer on the team counts against the salary cap – that's the dead cap hit.

So, a dead cap hit limits a team's financial flexibility. They're on the hook for money even though the player isn't helping them win games.

No they aren't. This isn't accurate, @Brawndo has the correct real amount

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ... said:

---

Here's how it works:

His full salary counts as dead cap, but Pegula is saving 18.5 million in actual cash as the Texans are now paying  his salary. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

His full salary counts as dead cap, but Pegula is saving 18.5 million in actual cash as the Texans are now paying  his salary. 

He needed that extra cash to refuel the jet for the NFL Draft coming up in a few weeks.

29 minutes ago, ... said:

Adams and Meatballs are quite literally like politicians who will say anything to alter a narrative in the direction they want it to go. They make Darcy and Lindy seem like apostles.

I completely disagree. People may not like what they say, but where have they been deceptive to appease the masses? 

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yeah, man, not arguing at all. I read those articles and thought we were on the hook for the money. I defer to those who know and appreciate being learn't.

28 minutes ago, SDS said:

I completely disagree. People may not like what they say, but where have they been deceptive to appease the masses? 

We can leave it at that because I'm not about to review their press appearances and suss them out to support the point.

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Yeah, man, not arguing at all. I read those articles and thought we were on the hook for the money. I defer to those who know and appreciate being learn't.

It’s all good, for a really  fun time take a look at the NBA Salary Cap.

You need a PhD in mathematics to figure that out 

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true Please be true please be true please be true

The teams in Tampa, highly doubt that decision would get leaked now and that it's been made. Adams will do exit interviews first, although I could see assistants getting cut tomorrow. 

That's if they actually are proactive which i doubt.