GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Okposo was not a cancer.  

Not the man… but the Captain represented the losing years… 

Change the conditions you change the behavior…

Okposo leaves… Byram joins the team…

Byram eager to join team so flies directly to Nashville… Plays first game after only a morning skate… Scores on first shot…Encouraging teammates loudly on the ice and from the bench… New energy… Team responding… Future Captain someday, I think.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doohickie said:

He SCORED!

... and for example chased puck carrier behind goal v. playing up higher to defend v TOR players in OT. He doesn't play any D.

Time to move on (along with Between the Stalls this year)... should be a trade and eat whatever salary. I love the scoring - great, but he is a liability defensively. 

If Sabres want to take steps..... lots of scoring on team (not this year, I know), need forwards to be defensively responsible also. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't want to be the Canucks impo. They're going to see the sh% regression Buffalo had this year, next year. 

Their shooting percentage has been regressing all season. They've still got a +56 goal differential and are 1 point off a President's Trophy pace. That'd be pretty nice next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

... and for example chased puck carrier behind goal v. playing up higher to defend v TOR players in OT. He doesn't play any D.

Time to move on (along with Between the Stalls this year)... should be a trade and eat whatever salary. I love the scoring - great, but he is a liability defensively. 

If Sabres want to take steps..... lots of scoring on team (not this year, I know), need forwards to be defensively responsible also. 

What incentive does Skinner have to accept a trade? How many times do we have tell ppl he has a full no movement clause?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Their shooting percentage has been regressing all season. They've still got a +56 goal differential and are 1 point off a President's Trophy pace. That'd be pretty nice next year.

We're catching a break with Demko out for when we play them. Hoping to go to the game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I’ll take the 50 wins 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

You don't understand my point of view. I don't want to be a team that is relying on an unsustainable pdo to get anywhere. I want to be more good than lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Not the man… but the Captain represented the losing years… 

Change the conditions you change the behavior…

Okposo leaves… Byram joins the team…

Byram eager to join team so flies directly to Nashville… Plays first game after only a morning skate… Scores on first shot…Encouraging teammates loudly on the ice and from the bench… New energy… Team responding… Future Captain someday, I think.

Interesting.   I definitely agree it was time to give this team to the Core. Now they have to respond.  

I agree about Bryam’s impact.  

Byram getting the C over Dahlin might be uncomfortable.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

Interesting.   I definitely agree it was time to give this team to the Core. Now they have to respond.  

I agree about Bryam’s impact.  

Byram getting the C over Dahlin might be uncomfortable.  

It also ain't happening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Stads said:

"I talked to Matty Ellis between periods. He told me that being up 4-1 is better than losing 4-1. Hard in the corners, keep it simple, keep the pressure on, etc, etc."

That's why he makes the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't understand my point of view. I don't want to be a team that is relying on an unsustainable pdo to get anywhere. I want to be more good than lucky. 

You’d certainly take it and go from there 

you wouldn’t take their season RIGHT NOW for next year, if given a choice? 2nd overall? Considering all the most likely and reasonable outcomes? When you’ve been justifiably down on the regime of late? You wouldn’t take that sort of improvement for next year? I call bs 

Dollars to donuts we don’t even make the playoffs next year, you can’t turn down 2nd overall regardless of how they got it. The chances we are better by any metric at all up to and including entertainment value  is almost nonexistent 

Edited by Thorny
  • Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What incentive does Skinner have to accept a trade? How many times do we have tell ppl he has a full no movement clause?

OK roster construction discussion.... I understand no trade. Doesn't mean he won't allow it. 

Sabres have young talent that can move up lines (JJP on 1st line?), and build out some grit on 3rd/4th lines.... 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You’d certainly take it and go from there 

you wouldn’t take their season RIGHT NOW for next year, if given a choice? 2nd overall? Considering all the most likely and reasonable outcomes? When you’ve been justifiably down on the regime of late? You wouldn’t take that sort of improvement for next year? I call bs 

Dollars to donuts we don’t even make the playoffs next year, you can’t turn down 2nd overall regardless of how they got it. The chances we are better by any metric at all up to and including entertainment value  is almost nonexistent 

Wtf are you ranting about. You've taken something way out of context and then extrapolated from there to yell at me over something that's not even part of the original discussion. 

You okay? Need a hug? Beer? Therapy dog? Butt implant? Crisp high five? Snickers bar?