GDT / Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres, Sunday 6:05pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

And we're finally back to .500 hockey. Time to start passing some teams - we're 2 points back of the Isles and Pens, 3 back of the Caps, and 4 back of NJ. The tougher part is 11 back of the TB for the last wildcard, but we do have two games at hand. I would say our playoff hopes are still on life support, but we're not dead yet.

Edited by Sabres73

11 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He was out there way to long.

Thompson had the chance to end it. 7 mil for his many years? After this season, ya, I'm open to moving him, we need clutch players, not show up when I want players.

I think he's totally lost his confidence. Last year everything  went in for him. This year he's struggling and you can see it. He's gotta get out of his own head. 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Three in a row! Come from behind, Home shootout win!

Best game of the year? 

Certainly this was a closer game...more edge-of-your seat....but I still think its hard to be a game where you blow out the Maple Leafs for 'the best of the year.  This one was probably the best one in terms of competitiveness though.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow. That was satisfying to watch. I almost can't believe I watched this Sabres team gut out a win like that. 

Have to admit I've been on the fence regarding UPL's comeuppance, and I was nervous in the shootout, but he stonewalled them.

Best players were Greenway, Dahlin, Clifton and, wait for it, KREBS.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, shrader said:

The Atlantic as a whole looks pretty hot, except for the bread in that standings sandwich. 

Who’s the bread lol 

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

It has for quite a while now. That's what happens when you dig yourself a next to impossible hole.

Yes I’d imagine their odds slightly decrease based on todays results 

12 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Thats how you stop the boos Donnie

Someone needs to send Meatballs a nice, high-quality greeting card with this message in it. The crowd was into it because the team was into it. So simple.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

UPL's growth this season, in every element of his game, has been astonishing

All it took was for someone to realize plenty of goalies get better the more regular playing time they get. Adams three headed monster and everyone gets a turn plan, did not work at all. He has cost this team since he's been here with his idiotic overall handling of the goalie situation. 

In Kevyn's world, goalies are like doorknobs.....everyone gets a turn. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

All it took was for someone to realize plenty of goalies get better the more regular playing time they get. Adams three headed monster and everyone gets a turn plan, did not work at all. He has cost this team since he's been here with his idiotic overall handling of the goalie situation. 

The three headed monster worked just fine. You have to play your goaltenders to see what you have and help project what you may have in the future. This year was just part of that process. UPL has matured, Levi is getting minutes now, and we have a dependable backup.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • dislike 3

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

The three headed monster worked just fine. You have to play your goaltenders to see what you have and help project what you may have in the future. This year was just part of that process. UPL has matured, Levi is getting minutes now, and we have a dependable backup.

He woulda known what he had last year if he didn't do the same thing. He's handled the goalies all wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

very solid win, still would like to see the scorers score, but a win is a win.

On a side note, maybe we haven't "earned" proper calls from referees if that is something to be earned....but the refereeing, was pathetic.  In the last 10 minutes, 2 calls were made vs. Dahlin in which weren't penalties by Dahlin and could have been easily called vs. Carolina.  The the same referee who made both calls, ignored the blatant slash on Greenway and the trip on UPL in OT?  Are these guys graded and held accountable?

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Out of town scoreboard hurts 

Not if you realize the Sabres would have to get 75% of their remaining points, which they won't without celestial intervention, to even be at the playoff cut line. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ... said:

Wow. That was satisfying to watch. I almost can't believe I watched this Sabres team gut out a win like that. 

Have to admit I've been on the fence regarding UPL's comeuppance, and I was nervous in the shootout, but he stonewalled them.

Best players were Greenway, Dahlin, Clifton and, wait for it, KREBS.

I generally agree with this post, except for the usage of "comeuppance".

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3