Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I love Ladd a lot. He is the type of guy that you can trust and he runs some great routes all while being just a good dude. That said, no IMPO. As @inkman notes, Ladd's primary area of use would be in the middle of the field on short and intermediate routes. He is taller Beasley in some ways. I just don't think the Bills need that skilset per say. Kincaid and Samuel should be able to easily cover just about all the routes that Ladd can. I would certainly wait until the 2nd round on him even though I think he has the makings of a very good WR. Love the player but dislike the fit for the Bills without Diggs around. I think AD Mitchell would be a better option at 28. If Ladd slides in the 2nd round and were available at that spot, I would get him there as I think he could help but if we are team building, I look elsewhere. 

Personally I would trade up. 

I could totally see Beanne taking up for Brian Thomas or Chop.  I think/hope Mitchell or Coleman makes it to 28 if he can’t trade up. 
The WR I don’t like and hope the Bills pass on is Worthy.  He’s just fast.  
But I trust Beanne.  He’s hit on WR’s before.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

I could totally see Beanne taking up for Brian Thomas or Chop.  I think/hope Mitchell or Coleman makes it to 28 if he can’t trade up. 

Coleman isn't a speedy guy I don't think he'll be very good at the next level he can't separate

I thought the Bills want speed? 

CBS latest mock has us trading down with Carolina and taking McConkey with the first pick in the 2nd round. Nothing against McConkey who is gonna be a good pro, but he’s not quite what we need at wideout currently. That said, he would give us what we’ve been missing since Beasley and that’s a guy who sees the game like a QB both pre and post snap. 

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Some interesting stuff 

allen is going to make everyone looks stupid next year

There is a reason I blocked the original Twatter.  And where do I start with the Beasley comment.  He’s a moron.  He’s not wrong but he’s the last guy I need to hear from about anything regarding anything. 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They won't take Coleman at 28. 

In my opinion, hopefully not.  I want someone more dynamic and athletic.  But we’ve seen Beanne draft for a position of need and talking next best before.  After missing out on McDuffie he went next best and took Elam.  
Coleman is essentially a better Gabe Davis.  Better route running.  Better catching.  Much better after the catch.  And their athletic profile is basically the same.  I’ll let you decide who is who.  

Combine Results

40-Yard Dash - 4.61 Seconds

10-Yard Split - 1.54 Seconds

Vertical Jump - 38’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 7’’

Combine Results

40-Yard Dash - 4.54 Seconds

10-Yard Split - 1.56 Seconds

Vertical Jump - 35’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 4’’

i don’t necessarily prefer Coleman.  But I do believe he is in play for a Beanne if he stays at 28 or possibly trades down a little.  

4 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

In my opinion, hopefully not.  I want someone more dynamic and athletic.  But we’ve seen Beanne draft for a position of need and talking next best before.  After missing out on McDuffie he went next best and took Elam.  
Coleman is essentially a better Gabe Davis.  Better route running.  Better catching.  Much better after the catch.  And their athletic profile is basically the same.  I’ll let you decide who is who.  

Combine Results

Vertical Jump - 38’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 7’’

Combine Results

Vertical Jump - 35’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 4’’

i don’t necessarily prefer Coleman.  But I do believe he is in play for a Beanne if he stays at 28 or possibly trades down a little.  

One of those is a 4th round pick. The other you're suggesting in the 1st. I'd rather take AD Mitchell 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Combine Results

Vertical Jump - 38’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 7’’

Combine Results

Vertical Jump - 35’’

Broad Jump - 10’ 4’’

Coleman was mocked to us in a mock or two a couple months ago and I wouldn’t rule him out entirely. 

FTR, McConkey isn't just a possession guy.  He is really fast -- 4.39 in the 40 at the combine.

Having said that, I don't know anything about any of these WR prospects -- except that I want the Bills to draft one in the 1st round and another one shortly thereafter.

50 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

FTR, McConkey isn't just a possession guy.  He is really fast -- 4.39 in the 40 at the combine.

Having said that, I don't know anything about any of these WR prospects -- except that I want the Bills to draft one in the 1st round and another one shortly thereafter.

He will be kupp 2.0 

Edited by Buffalonill

FWIW...Players who have met with Bills..no doubt a lot more. Had small college star WR Ryan Flournoy from SE MIzzou St. in today for a workout. Also Troy Franklin of Oregon.

Buffalo Bills

Braelon Allen, Running Back, Wisconsin (COM)

Graham Barton, Offensive Guard, Duke (COM)

Trey Benson, Running Back, Florida State (T30)

Khristian Boyd, Defensive Tackle, Northern Iowa (T30)

Javon Bullard, Cornerback, Georgia (COM)

Calen Bullock, Safety, USC (COM)

Stefan Cobbs, Wide Receiver, Boise State (PRO)

Keon Coleman, Wide Receiver, Florida State (COM)

Cooper DeJean, Safety, Iowa (COM)

Marlon Devonshire^, Cornerback, Pittsburgh (PRO, WOR, T30)

Audric Estime, Running Back, Notre Dame (COM)

Braden Fiske, Defensive Tackle, Florida State (COM)

Troy Franklin^, Wide Receiver, Oregon (COM, WOR)

Frank Gore Jr., Running Back, Southern Miss (COM)

Jalyx Hunt, Outside Linebacker, Houston Baptist (COM)

Curtis Jacobs, Inside Linebacker, Penn State (COM)

Kamren Kinchens, Safety, Miami (COM)

Marshawn Kneeland, Defensive End, Western Michigan (T30)

Kamari Lassiter, Cornerback, Georgia (COM)

Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina (COM)

Jalen McMillan, Wide Receiver, Washington (COM)

Adonai Mitchell, Wide Receiver, Texas (COM)

Byron Murphy II, Defensive Tackle, Texas (COM)

Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)

Patrick Paul, Offensive Tackle, Houston (COM)

Javon Solomon^, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Troy (COM, VIR)

Brian Thomas Jr., Wide Receiver, LSU (COM)

Edefuan Ulofoshio, Inside Linebacker, Washington (VIR)

Devontez Walker, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (T30)

Tez Walker^, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM, PRO)

Johnny Wilson, Wide Receiver, Florida State (COM)

Payton Wilson, Linebacker, N.C. State (COM)

Roman Wilson, Wide Receiver, Michigan (COM)

Xavier Worthy, Wide Receiver, Texas (COM)

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

FWIW...Players who have met with Bills..no doubt a lot more. Had small college star WR Ryan Flournoy from SE MIzzou St. in today for a workout. Also Troy Franklin of Oregon.

Buffalo Bills

Kamren Kinchens, Safety, Miami (COM)

I am in idiotic 'Canes fanboi - so I would not mind if we got him in round 2. Not the next Ed Reed, but he played pretty well in college. 🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Only Thomas.  This guy is the real deal. Size, speed and agility. You trade next years first plus 28 for him if you must. Those two picks gets you to ~13 overall.  Immediate starter, possible threat, cap compliant in year 1. LSU Program is top notch so unless he has major character flaws, lower risk than everyone below him. You can still get a safety in the second round, and two seconds next year.  

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Could be. I like Ladd a lot. Just feel the Bills need X help not Y help. 

You do realize that Ladd lined up at the X over 50% of the time?? Granted his only weakness was getting off the line on bump and run but that can be circumvented with motion. My favorite idea is Ladd at 28 and trading 60+ a couple later picks to around 45 for Franklin, Legette or Coleman. Or Ladd at 28 and Walker, Polk or baker at 60. There’s no better separator in the draft than Ladd - think Beasley with ridiculous speed - he’ll catch 100 passes in year 1

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

You do realize that Ladd lined up at the X over 50% of the time?? Granted his only weakness was getting off the line on bump and run but that can be circumvented with motion. My favorite idea is Ladd at 28 and trading 60+ a couple later picks to around 45 for Franklin, Legette or Coleman. Or Ladd at 28 and Walker, Polk or baker at 60. There’s no better separator in the draft than Ladd - think Beasley with ridiculous speed - he’ll catch 100 passes in year 1

I realize that in Georgia's offense, Ladd and other WR were often lined up outside to block. Also, the Y receiver at Georgia was often Bowers who is absurd. I love Ladd and Beasley is a good comp. I don't disagree with anything you have here. He's just not a true X(I wanna hold off on this for a minute, I reached out to a guy and want his thoughts). 

I've probably watched 90% of Ladds ncaa snaps. Love the player, don't love the fit. That said, if they draft him, I ain't complaining. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I realize that in Georgia's offense, Ladd and other WR were often lined up outside to block. Also, the Y receiver at Georgia was often Bowers who is absurd. I love Ladd and Beasley is a good comp. I don't disagree with anything you have here. He's just not a true X guy. 

I've probably watched 90% of Ladds ncaa snaps. Love the player, don't love the fit. That said, if they draft him, I ain't complaining. 

At 28?

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

At 28?

Idk, I go back and forth with it. I love Ladd McConkey as a player but I think in my brain I want that bigger physical guy for contested balls who is a true deep threat. That said, Ladd is so solid. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, I go back and forth with it. I love Ladd McConkey as a player but I think in my brain I want that bigger physical guy for contested balls who is a true deep threat. That said, Ladd is so solid. 

I think he’ll be a better pro than college player (depending where he gets drafted). 

More on McConkey. Again, I LOVE Ladd McConkey and I wouldn't be mad in any way if Buffalo takes him. They could basically use him exactly how Georgia did because they have Kincaid. At 28, idk, that feels high to me but then again is trading down to 35ish and getting an extra 4th really worth missing out on him? Also in the 1st you get that 5th year option. Can Ladd stay healthy in the NFL and can he continue to get better?

McConkey.thumb.png.ed13a8344456ee4b0f4f76d6ea326e46.png

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1