GDT - 2/10/24 St Louis @ Buffalo - 1pm ABC / ESPN+

inkman

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

It’s weird we keep wearing the black/red against other black/red teams. It actually drives me crazy when it happens vs Carolina, Ottawa, etc.

Should have worn the goat heads today vs STL and the home sweaters vs. Dallas.

It is either complain about this or complain about our PP or inability to crash the net today. 

It's funny you should mention this. I much prefer the unis they're wearing today but I said at the start of the game, "There is too much similarity in these unis...everything is blue, gold, and white."

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why does Tage suck now? What changed?

Genius coach had him killing a penalty in a 6-1 game and he broke his hand.  

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I don't agree with this at all.  The team is fine 5v5.  This whole season is easily boiled down to special teams, in other words coaching or lack thereof 

I disagree with this. They are the mirror of who is leading them, a development coach. The team isn't playing to win, they're playing to develop. This is just fact.

Edited by Scottysabres

Someone said earlier in this thread that the Sabres are a fraction of a second slower in reacting than the Blues are.  That tells me that they have not internalised how the system works yet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not if you get R̶e̶i̶n̶h̶a̶r̶t̶ E̶i̶c̶h̶e̶l̶ N̶y̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ M̶i̶t̶t̶e̶l̶s̶t̶a̶d̶t̶ D̶a̶h̶l̶i̶n̶ P̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ B̶e̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Celebrini

Just now, Marvin said:

Someone said earlier in this thread that the Sabres are a fraction of a second slower in reacting than the Blues are.  That tells me that they have not internalised how the system works yet.

I think it was @Weave

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I don't agree with this at all.  The team is fine 5v5.  This whole season is easily boiled down to special teams, in other words coaching or lack thereof 

I often hear Granato and players say “We need to raise our compete” in postgame comments… Must be something to it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

This is absurd, im sorry 

imagine thinking after all this time it can still be drastically over-simplified as one variable 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I disagree with this. They are the mirror of who is leading them, a development coach. The team isn't playing to win, they're playing to develop. This is just fact.

7th highest scoring team in the league at 5v5.  They are a plus 6 on the season 

I agree they mirror their coach ... timid and way too nice BUT it's the special teams that has them 10 points and counting out of a playoff spot 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I didn’t quite get that, can you repeat that please?

12 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Anybody know the all-time record for number of seasons a professional sports franchise has missed the playoffs?  Not talking about currently (ex. Jets, Sabres, etc.), but have there been other sports teams that have failed to reach the playoffs 15 or 20 years?  Maybe the Detroit Lions (before this season)?

Some that come to mind:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers missed from '83-'96 (14 seasons)

Cleveland Browns 2003-19 (17 seasons)

St.Louis/Arizona Cardinals 1983-97 (15 seasons)

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.