2024 NHL DRAFT Talk

Spoonman

Lidstrom would be a good addition. He fits the power forward profile.

I am a draft junkie but I know that once again whoever is chosen will not have an impact on the Sabres for a few years.

KA has to find leadership and grit via  another route to get this team in the playoffs next season.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Lidstrom’s would be a good addition. He fits the power forward profile.

I am a draft junkie but I know that once again whoever is chosen will not have an impact on the Sabres for a few years.

KA has to find leadership and grit via  another route to get this team in the playoffs next season.

Hopefully he's not getting another chance it's been three + years.

This guy has had plenty of opportunities to trade for players that can make it impact on this roster.

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:33 AM, French Collection said:

Lidstrom’s would be a good addition. He fits the power forward profile.

My guess is Lindstrom will start shooting up the lists this coming spring. Players of his size usually do. See Slafkovsky drafted by the Canadians. My guess is Lindstrom sneaks into the top 5 if not top 3 based on his size. 

Assuming Sabres draft in top 10. (Seems like a pretty secure bet at this point)

Who are the players in the draft that you would take vs trading the pick? 
 my list is pretty short 

1) Celebrini

2) Lindstrom

I would be open to listening to arguments for Levshunov and Silayev

otherwise trade the pick in part of a package for NHL help or trade down for Jiricek or Iginla   Though both moving up draft rankings so maybe they would be appropriate to take top 5 / 6 

37 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

my list is pretty short 

1) Celebrini

2) Lindstrom

otherwise trade the pick in part of a package for NHL help or trade down for Jiricek or Iginla   Though both moving up draft rankings so maybe they would be appropriate to take top 5 / 6 

Who's NHL ready if Buffalo has to wait 3 + years I would rather trade it for an impact player now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

my list is pretty short 

1) Celebrini

2) Lindstrom

I am too p****d off at the team to be able to focus on another high draft pick. Like every year there is a lot of talent available in the top 10 but this is a gamble that may pay off in 3-5 years. They have many of those lottery tickets, I am ready for a different approach.

I am intrigued by Iginla, smaller than the power forward I would like but he is solid and can score.

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That doesn't sound exciting at all 

977f95198cce3d7057459ce5b62ec119.gif

You realize that Crosby is one of the greatest ever. Celebrini will be a great offensive player he just won’t reach the consistent offensive level of Crosby which few players ever have.

The kid will be a good one.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

You realize that Crosby is one of the greatest ever. Celebrini will be a great offensive player he just won’t reach the consistent offensive level of Crosby which few players ever have.

The kid will be a good one.

So a player in between a Ryan O'Reilly or Nico hischier

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I haven’t paid much attention but is Celebrini really projected out higher than Eichel was? That’s surprising. 

Jack Eichel had 26g 70pts in 40 games. 0.65gpg and 1.75ppg.

Mack Celebrini has 22g, 41pts in 25 games. 0.88gpg and 1.64ppg.

Jack Eichel played his ncaa year as an 18yr old with an October birthday, where Celebrini is 17 and won't be 18 until June. 8 months younger with more gpg and trailing minimally in ppg. Celebrini has 8pts in 5 wjc20 games compared to Eichel at 5pts. 

Celebrini is pretty good. I think he can be better than Eichel, doesn't mean he will be though. 

• Like (+1) 2