Practice Lines 22 Jan 2024

Doohickie

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They're getting the Band back together on the first line.

Back to what we thought they would be...except Cozens off of 'his' line and swapped with Mitts.  Wonder for the reason instead of trying to put him with his linemates from last year to get him going long term.

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Wonder for the reason instead of trying to put him with his linemates from last year to get him going long term.

I see it as loss of faith in Cozens, combined with Mitts being more productive and playing a better 2-way game.

Maybe a strategic move to match Cozens up against a weaker line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I see it as loss of faith in Cozens, combined with Mitts being more productive and playing a better 2-way game.

Maybe a strategic move to match Cozens up against a weaker line.

As long as 24 and 22 are a pair I'm good.  Feels like Quinn deals out good mojo to the entire group, and no one needs it more than Cozens.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

As long as 24 and 22 are a pair I'm good.  Feels like Quinn deals out good mojo to the entire group, and no one needs it more than Cozens.

And JJP delivers similar mojo.  Both are hard works, fast skaters and decent back checkers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I would swap Greenway and JJP.  Quinn and JJP really hit it off.  Both will help Cuzsie.  Mitts with Greenway crashing the net and Benson buzzing around will drive defenders nuts.

My work here is done.  

Guess that's lunch.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who cares at this point.  Deck chairs on the Titanic.

I guess I do (I think?)? Somehow, all the years of losing from my favorite teams; the Bills and Sabres need to introduction, but thanks to TBS being the only reliable source of baseball (other than the gross Cubs on WGN) on TV in western NY when I grew up ... I am also a Braves fan. Sure, they won a WS in the 90's - but lost a whole bunch of them too ...

I digress - somehow, after all of that, each goal is the start of the comeback, each win is the start of The Streak. I get angry and frustrated when they lose and especially when there appears to be a lack of effort, but in the end I am a fool and a sucker for Buffalo Sports ... to quote Adrian Monk "It's a blessing and a curse ... but mostly a curse."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Have you forgotten the WS win in 2021?  My office is across the street from the Braves stadium.

I did think of that after I hit submit ... it is hard to explain, but I just sorta lost interest in baseball in the early 2000's. Can't honestly say why. So, while I was happy for the team, I did not partake in any reveling on their behalf.

• Doohickie changed the title to Practice Lines 22 Jan 2024

On the D side, Ras and Muel together.  Eh.  But look who's on the second pairing?  Lil J along with Power.  They may mesh well.  And on the third line... Is Joki still "sore" or "sick" or is he on the verge of losing his spot to Bryson?  Bryson's only played 3 NHL games this year but as I recall the Sabres won all three of those games.  Coming out of camp he looked like he had more jam than in past years.  Maybe he's finally NHL worthy?

6 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Don't worry all, I hear our power play 1 line will be Girgensons, Okposo and Victor Olofsson, what could go wrong?

No no, it'll be Krebs because he has all the tools to be an elite, a REALLY ELITE player. 

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-peyton-krebs-confident-scoring-will-come-i-have-all-the-tools/

3 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I'm happy to see what our full relatively healthy forward lineup can do if they can keep healthy.

Agreed, but I just have this feeling watching that even when Tuch and Thompson are playing, they aren't fully healthy.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.