GDT: Lightning @ Sabres - Sat Jan 20, 2024, 12:30 pm ET MSG-B, BSSUN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

58 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Not a fan of having gambling details in the intermission report. 

I’ve said this before.  I have seen gambling ruin marriages and kill families.  Stop promoting it.  I’m no prud but why is it necessary?  Let the gamblers go to the web and find what they need.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, Pimlach said:

I’ve said this before.  I have seen gambling ruin marriages and kill families.  Stop promoting it.  I’m no prud but why is it necessary?  Let the gamblers go to the web and find what they need.  

Because they get paid to advertise it. They have to make up for the empty seats.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Meh, the season is over. They won't fire Granato until the postseason anyways and then they'll have a bigger list of candidates. 

Should fire Adams and hire an experienced GM first, and then let the GM hire the coach.

Pegula won't do this though, because he has an aversion to hiring experienced GMs.  And he picks the coach himself to ensure the coach reports to him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, jad1 said:

Should fire Adams and hire an experienced GM first, and then let the GM hire the coach.

Pegula won't do this though, because he has an aversion to hiring experienced GMs.  And he picks the coach himself to ensure the coach reports to him.

How many years will Kevyn need to be GM before he moves from an inexperienced GM to an experienced one?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, SDS said:

How many years will Kevyn need to be GM before he moves from an inexperienced GM to an experienced one?

One year after he actually acts like a GM and trades prospects and picks for players that can get them into the playoffs.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I’ll go with..after this season. That’s 4 seasons. I know we don’t want to go with 3 seasons because..then Botterill and Murray would need to be referred to as experienced GMs and somehow I don’t think they fit the desired connotation  

Kid's day. At least the kid's learned an early life lesson in "Refs You Suck!" which will serve them well later in life. 

Not a terrible effort but still the usual softness leading to turnovers and poor defensive play around the net cost them. Typical result for us facing that type of hockey.

Tampa has changed. That was Bylsma hockey. Different look for them. Similar to what the Canucks threw at us. I guess Cooper shifted to that with the early goalie injury and the slightly diminished roster. Team seems to have accepted it. Not exciting, but effective.

Nick Paul is an example of exactly the type of player we need to trade for, sign and draft. 

Peterka was probably the best Sabre today. Power the worst. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Wouldn't he be the betting favourite?

Jan 20th 2024

IMG_0303.gif

No. He's only ever mentioned because there's a perception around here and this place runs on rumors and fake news. Stop hiring first time coaches, period. 

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

When he stops acting like a child and actually tries to make the playoffs as opposed to just create good vibes.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’ll go with..after this season. That’s 4 seasons. I know we don’t want to go with 3 seasons because..then Botterill and Murray would need to be referred to as experienced GMs and somehow I don’t think they fit the desired connotation  

JBot was an experienced assistant GM, and that's what he is now. Murray was a nepobaby.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jad1 said:

This is true but Adams is 100% safe 

What's Rod "the bod" up to, these days? 

Hoping, that Car does something stupid, and lets him walk? 

He'd bring a culture to this team, that's so desperately wanted/needed 

The longer Donny G is at the helm, the closer to rebuild 3.0 we get...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

This is true but Adams is 100% safe 

They were saying the same thing about Krueger before he was fired.  If Pegula possess one good quality, it's firing people who can't get the job done.  If the Sabres finish with less than 80 points this season, Adams will be gone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If they hire Peca , which is a possibility   They can't surround him with guys like Ellis.   Find the best assistants money can buy 

Hey. You are killing the messenger.  I'm not saying I would do it.  I'm saying I think they could do it 

12 minutes ago, jad1 said:

They were saying the same thing about Krueger before he was fired.  If Pegula possess one good quality, it's firing people who can't get the job done.  If the Sabres finish with less than 80 points this season, Adams will be gone.

One would think…

15 minutes ago, jad1 said:

How many former coaches is Terry still paying?

After reading the thread and watching the replays I can only repeat what I’ve been saying for awhile.   I feel so bad for the fans and especially, the young kids.  

The Sabres could not show up for Kid Day.  Again.  Another home game dud.  

Terry, your in town to bask in the Bills glory.  Are you there?   Listen Terry, watch and listen ….is there anybody out there? 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 3