GDT: Kraken @ Sabres - Tues. 7 pm ET, Jan 9, 2024 MSG-B, ROOT-NW, ESPN+, Sportsnet+ 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Unfortunately, none of this is stopping until a coaching staff that can actually coach and hold guys accountable comes on. I don't see them canning Meatballs in season, so we're stuck with this subpar product.

Fire Adams and let the new GM hire the coach.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Rousseau implied in a BN post game article he would have been fined for missing an assignment in the Miami game…

Wonder if Granato fines players for lackadaisical effort and bonehead decisions that result in goals against?

Edited by Believer

Looks like the team has no confidence. No confidence in the ‘ plan ‘ and they look clueless most of the time on a personal level. Everybody. Last season they had an overabundance of confidence. Kind of how Vancouver goes into games this season. They actually remind me of how the team looked under Ralph. Ralph got canned and rightfully so. Maybe Don should give his old bud a call and ask for some advise ? Anyhow another limp bisquit out of the boys on home ice. The teams coming in this week will feast on this lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

That ain't happening either. Adams is Terry's boy. 

Terry's boy has no clue how to build an NHL roster that can compete on a nightly basis.  I have faith in Terry's history of firing his buddies when losing becomes inevitable. 

I was busy tonight and went to turn on the 2nd and it was 5-2. Turned it off right away. 

I’ve pounded the table to send Levi down to the AHL. Are these 5 sloppy goaltending, our standard terrible D, or both?

Just now, bunomatic said:

Looks like the team has no confidence. No confidence in the ‘ plan ‘ and they look clueless most of the time on a personal level. Everybody. Last season they had an overabundance of confidence. Kind of how Vancouver goes into games this season. They actually remind me of how the team looked under Ralph. Ralph got canned and rightfully so. Maybe Don should give his old bud a call and ask for some advise ? Anyhow another limp bisquit out of the boys on home ice. The teams coming in this week will feast on this lot.

Yeah, I imagine even if they make some trade or something, walking into that locker room would probably convert that person into this dread. Speaking of which, what is going on in there? What do the players think about this? From Don, we only seem to get the same stuff, as genuine or technically true as it may be.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Seattle plays great team defense.  They will likely protect this lead.

I just want to see some life at this point.   Win the period or something. 

Sabres have no hope playing against teams like the Kraken, Flyers , etc... teams that are well coached and have  a team strong defensive structure.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I was busy tonight and went to turn on the 2nd and it was 5-2. Turned it off right away. 

I’ve pounded the table to send Levi down to the AHL. Are these 5 sloppy goaltending, our standard terrible D, or both?

Mostly turnovers in the D zone and defense out of position. Levi gave up one bad one.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres have no hope playing against teams like the Kraken, Flyers , etc... teams that are well coached and have  a team strong defensive structure.   

Yeah. At this point, I don't even care if we win, can we at least do one thing right and keep it stable and consistent? If we do one thing right, then we can say, oh, let's move to this next thing. Right now, nothing seems to be in shape

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Once upon a time, a coach would keep his players at the arena and work their a$$es off after a terrible game like this.  Any chance this happens anymore???

If this stuff goes on for the rest of the season and I see a social media post of these guys playing golf while other teams head off to the playoffs, I'm gonna lose it

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.