GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Has Krebs fought anyone? Can he even fight?

Everytime someone starts with Krebs, Ray usually says, oh that's a mistake, he doesn't want any part of Krebs. Like he's some sort of tough guy who can fight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Their rivals?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a future, we don't.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

This appears true.

Not going to make an argument that we have a future, as on a night like this that seems pretty hopeless. However, I would think it’s hard to argue Ottawa has a future, considering they were supposed to be contending for a playoff spot last year, and this year, they have the 2nd worst points percentage in the conference (just behind the blue jackets).

Love how Marty went through all the new management changes announced by Ottawa… The unspoken message to Pegula and Adams was laughable.

Dan signs off with we have more great games coming up in the new year. 

Duffer starts with, “we are still looking at the elusive 2 in a row”.   

Marty comes back with how many FO changes Ottawa has recently made, and how their coach stymied us with the trap.  

Nothing about accountability of OUR TEAM, OUR COACHING, OUR FO, OUR OWNERSHIP.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, sabresparaavida said:

Not going to make an argument that we have a future, as on a night like this that seems pretty hopeless. However, I would think it’s hard to argue Ottawa has a future, considering they were supposed to be contending for a playoff spot last year, and this year, they have the 2nd worst points percentage in the conference (just behind the blue jackets).

Ottawa does not settle for status quo....they have experienced management, coaching (now with Martin), and built a team with better balance.  It should not take them very long to surpass us in the standings.

I won't bother to start thread #1,543 on things need to change. I'll just say it here...(your welcome SDS 😀)

Patience, we are going to have to endure what looks like a lost 23/24 season, an additional 24/25 season won't be much, if any, better is my guess. I've stopped going to games as of 11/10 this season. Told the family to stop purchasing Sabres merchandise for me. I'm pretty well done with them, although I do enjoy the company here and I still watch televised games.

Nope, I don't believe KA or Donny are going anywhere. I don't believe the team will be any better next season. So, I have no choice, patience.

I care so little at this point, that I didn’t even know the Sabres had a game going on. 

Tuned in to see they had their goalie pulled with 6 minutes left, and 1 goal on 45 shots against a goalie 56th in the league in save percentage. 

This team is a joke. And nobody is going to make any changes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

They have something we appear to lack, drive, passion, a desire to compete. I've watched a few of Ottawas losses this year, they at least show up.

I think Dahlin might be on the path of becoming another Eichel in Buffalo -- He'll get mad and force his way out. No good player will stand for this kind of chronic mismanagement for too long. Losing is a disease. He's already mad.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I care so little at this point, that I didn’t even know the Sabres had a game going on. 

Tuned in to see they had their goalie pulled with 6 minutes left, and 1 goal on 45 shots against a goalie 56th in the league in save percentage. 

This team is a joke. And nobody is going to make any changes. 

Many of the shots we from far away, from the places that rarely get you a goal. 

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.