GDT: Arizona @ Sabres - Mon. 7pm ET, Dec 11, 2023, MSG/ESPN+/SCRIPPS ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Good game. ย Not going to get to high on this. ย Yotes were not skating. ย 
ย 

Big road trip coming. Avs, Vahgis, Yotes again.ย 

Hope at least 3 out of 6 points. ย  Though, I just looked at the standings and things are still looking pretty bleakย 

hang in there for next couple of weeks. ย Get team healthy and get a winning streak going

will be good when the 4th line of KO Krebs and Robinson actually become our 4th line

ย 

ย 

Great night by Robinson, Krebs and Okposo. Okposoโ€™s lack of speed makes him the perfect trailer. I have to give him credit for going to the net lately. Robinson has been a good addition, Krebs seems energized.

RyJo needs to stay in the lineup. He and Power looked good together.

Clifton still has some boneheaded plays but he has contributed.

Cozens is just jinxed, once he breaks the seal, watch out.

Dinged up Dahlin is better than 98% of the Dmen in the NHL.

Levi is making the 3 headed monster obsolete. I wouldnโ€™t give Comrie a start until they are mathematically out of it.

JJPโ€™s speed was on display for his goal, he split the D like they were pylons.

Benson just does so many things right for an 18 year old, I hope he gets a few more points once Cozens starts scoring.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Hope at least 3 out of 6 points. ย  Though, I just looked at the standings and things are still looking pretty bleakย 

hang in there for next couple of weeks. ย Get team healthy and get a winning streak going

will be good when the 4th line of KO Krebs and Robinson actually become our 4th line

ย 

ย 

We need 5 of 6 points. Can't hope for less.ย 

• Agree 1

I'm not going to comment on the game because it was simply the better team beating the inferior team.ย 

Ryan Johnson is impressive. He's just so smooth and efficient.ย 

Clifford's recent games have been better. You can see him getting more comfortable.ย ย 

As others have said Robinson played really well. He's a hard-nosed player who gives this team some net presence. Something that it sorely lacks. He's a straight-line player who plays hard. He has a no-frills game. His line with Okposo and Krebs played really well today.

I thought that Tage passed the puck too much.ย 

Levi was good. I would give him the first star.ย 

Cozens has had some tough luck with a couple of his shots hitting the bar. But you can see him playing better.ย 

Over the past three games (Boston, Montreal and Phoenix) the Sabres have played a better two-way game and have been more consistent from start to finish.ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

59 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Good game. ย Not going to get to high on this. ย Yotes were not skating. ย 
ย 

Big road trip coming. Avs, Vahgis, Yotes again.ย 

They certainly were when they came out in the 2nd and scored to tie it...

Sabres wrestled control right back again with 3 straight to end the period.

I don't care about any of that...I care the Sabres have gotten 5 out of a possible 6 points in the last 3 games.

ย 

They need to keep stacking points however they come...10 out of every 16 should be their goal.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, French Collection said:

JJPโ€™s speed was on display for his goal, he split the D like they were pylons.

Benson just does so many things right for an 18 year old, I hope he gets a few more points once Cozens starts scoring.

If Benson and Cozens are nothing more than a life support system for JJP, it's a net plus.

40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Great night by Robinson, Krebs and Okposo. Okposoโ€™s lack of speed makes him the perfect trailer. I have to give him credit for going to the net lately. Robinson has been a good addition, Krebs seems energized.

RyJo needs to stay in the lineup. He and Power looked good together.

Clifton still has some boneheaded plays but he has contributed.

Cozens is just jinxed, once he breaks the seal, watch out.

Dinged up Dahlin is better than 98% of the Dmen in the NHL.

Levi is making the 3 headed monster obsolete. I wouldnโ€™t give Comrie a start until they are mathematically out of it.

Even 1 point would be nice. Nothing in his last 6, 1 goal in last 10 games. Kinda wasting his first year ELC.

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Robinson played really well. He's a hard-nosed player who gives this team some net presence. Something that it sorely lacks. He's a straight-line player who plays hard. He has a no-frills game. His line with Okposo and Krebs played really well today.

Really, this is all Krebs needed.ย  Okposo is slow and Girgs has hands of stone.ย  It must be discouraging to be put out there between those two and just told to hold down the fort.ย  Robinson brings a dynamic element to the line and gives a reason for Krebs to display his playmaking skills.ย  I could see our fourth line next year been Girgs (or not) - Krebs - Robinson.ย  I think either Girgs or Okie is okay on a line, but both of them together are anchors.

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I thought that Tage passed the puck too much.ย 

...and that when he shot he was too deliberate.ย  His superpower is his quick release but aside from his one-timer last game he hasn't been using it.ย  Still he's hard to defend against and he's learned to use his size and reach to be miserable to the other team's offense.ย  He also seems to be using the body more and throwing checks, although that might be due to playing the wing.

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

have been more consistent from start to finish.ย 

THIS.

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Even 1 point would be nice. Nothing in his last 6, 1 goal in last 10 games. Kinda wasting his first year ELC.

Heโ€™s still contributing with possession, keeping plays alive and a good forechecking mentality.

DG is even using him on the PK and in the last minutes.

I think the points will come when Cozens gets his Mojo back.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

...and that when he shot he was too deliberate.ย  His superpower is his quick release but aside from his one-timer last game he hasn't been using it.ย  Still he's hard to defend against and he's learned to use his size and reach to be miserable to the other team's offense.ย  He also seems to be using the body more and throwing checks, although that might be due to playing the wing.

THIS.

As you point out he has been more physical the past few games. He's playing with less finesse and playing a harder and more physical game. More edge to his recent games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.