GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Dang it. I'm back in. (Dinner was tasty.)

But I do want to consider one thing. I wonder what Adams would do if Pegula actually gave an ultimatum of, "You will make the playoffs in 2024-25 or you and Granato are both fired."  (Unfortunately, I think it's too late to give such an ultimatum for this season because opposing teams are still in contention and Tage/Quinn really need to be in the lineup.)

I'm guessing UPL and Comrie wouldn't be the goalies, VO and KO would be moved post-haste, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If you don’t sign on promise you end up with Dahlin’s AAV.

Understood… Rather pay $11M a year for 8 years to a proven star and leader with grit… than $8M for 7 years all on the come to Power who is soft and has questionable compete… or $4M a year for 7 years to Samuelson who is soft, injury prone, and lacks compete… Neither Power nor Samuelson earned their contracts, imo… 

Dahlin earned his payday… 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Dang it. I'm back in. (Dinner was tasty.)

But I do want to consider one thing. I wonder what Adams would do if Pegula actually gave an ultimatum of, "You will make the playoffs in 2024-25 or you and Granato are both fired."  (Unfortunately, I think it's too late to give such an ultimatum for this season because opposing teams are still in contention and Tage/Quinn really need to be in the lineup.)

I'm guessing UPL and Comrie wouldn't be the goalies, VO and KO would be moved post-haste, etc.

I'm not waiting another season to be honest. 12 years was enough. If they miss the playoffs this season, I think I'll walk away until they do. I'm in my early 50's now, better things to spend my time on at this point to be honest.

• Agree 3

I never thought we’d be in this situation but it makes sense. We had sooooo many guys have career years last year. It was an oversight to not take that into consideration by GMKA. 

But nobody predicted a guy like Dylan Cozens would completely forget how to play hockey. And it’s clear. We have some top young defense that will be great but our goalies are garbage. And we are wayyyy too soft!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.