GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs: November4, 2023 @ 7:00PM, NHL Network, MSG-B, and NBCS-PH

SABRES 0311

38 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I didn’t see Cozzie’s fight, (how did he do?) hearing he is DTD and was throwing stuff in hallway on his way out, so maybe related.

Terrible. Took a beating. He has great spirit but if he doesn’t start lifting weights in the off-season and putting on another 15 pounds of strength, he’s gonna be what is the rest of his career. All these guys that are under 23 need to add about 15 pounds of muscle and toughness. 

I know there are people on here who think that the Sabres are playing tough hockey, and it’s not that they don’t try to play tough, they do try, but they still just are not physical enough. It’s one thing to have guts and lose a fight or take a hit, it’s another to play intimidating hockey, and that doesn’t necessarily mean fights, but sometimes you just got a pound guy. Exert some dominance! 

More than that, it’s about being strong, skating fast, overpowering the opponent when you’re fighting for the puck, and creating opportunities. Instead, we are sloppy, inconsistent, and just not physically strong enough in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Terrible. Took a beating. He has great spirit but if he doesn’t start lifting weights in the off-season and putting on another 15 pounds of strength, he’s gonna be what is the rest of his career. All these guys that are under 23 need to add about 15 pounds of muscle and toughness. 

I know there are people on here who think that the Sabres are playing tough hockey, and it’s not that they don’t try to play tough, they do try, but they still just are not physical enough. It’s one thing to have guts and lose a fight or take a hit, it’s another to play intimidating hockey, and that doesn’t necessarily mean fights, but sometimes you just got a pound guy. Exert some dominance! 

More than that, it’s about being strong, skating fast, overpowering the opponent when you’re fighting for the puck, and creating opportunities. Instead, we are sloppy, inconsistent, and just not physically strong enough in my opinion.

Thanks @FrenchConnection44

Agree. That is why GMKA needs to work trades for veterans w skill w some of our young talent (they can’t all make the big club). This is the GM test for Kevyn at hand….

• Like (+1) 2

This is what I and others are referring to when we say it’s really ok for a goalie to provide positive value and not just “not ruin it for us”. 

Levi was our best player that period: and that’s ok. He’s good enough to do it again. But we’ll be in a better spot if the other skaters return the favour

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Thanks @FrenchConnection44

Agree. That is why GMKA needs to work trades for veterans w skill w some of our young talent (they can’t all make the big club). This is the GM test for Kevyn at hand….

He NEEDS to make a big move.  The time is now.  I understand it’s tough to get other teams to jump at this time and maybe he has to overpay but they need another high end forward with some grit 

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.