Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Another OT loss for Rochester. That's 3 in a row. Scoring has vanished, wasting some very good goaltending. Amerks are clinging to the final playoff spot now. 4-2-3-1 in the last 10. So far this season they are 12th in goals for, 29th in goals against.

The Amerks are in a bit of a lull, but they’ll be fine. They’re only a point out of 3rd place in the division. And they just finished a seven game in eleven day stretch (without Kulich, Bryson, and some without Clague).

Yes, six losses in the last ten, but as you pointed out, those loser points sure do come in handy. I also take that as a positive to grab points when they’re not at their best. 

Levi has been a stabilizing force. Way more confidence in him than Cooley (or Toker for that matter). 

Maybe this is a rose colored glasses viewpoint, but I truly expect them to make playoffs and be dangerous. 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nice win but it should never have gone to OT. I'm a little worried about Levi. He's not playing that well. Not at the level we've seen with the Sabres.

He’s rocking a 2.55 GAA & .924 SV%.  Every game I’ve watched he’s been standing on his head.  

37 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Haven't watched at all, but .924 doesn't sound shaky, especially on a 5th place team in the division.

And especially on a team that has given up the third most goals in the league and the second most in their conference. Amerks suck defensively, simple as that. A .924 SP is a fricken miracle on that team.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I was born and raised in Rochester NY for 25 years but can’t watch any of their games since I moved away. Describe their season in 1 word to me. Thanks 

Google

Neuchev looking neuce 

38 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I was born and raised in Rochester NY for 25 years but can’t watch any of their games since I moved away. Describe their season in 1 word to me. Thanks 

Inconsistent 

32 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Uneven.  

The team went to the conference finals last year (lost to the eventual cup winners) and brought back nearly every player to run it back.  And that included a goalie pickup which presumably bolstered the crease.  But it hasn’t translated to more wins.  

Top to bottom, the division is very competitive.  

I am more bullish on this team than others in the thread.  They should be a playoff team again and if Levi gets hot….lets go!

kevin oklobzija (the Amerks beat reporter for my entire adult life) posts his articles on a local site named https://pickinsplinters.com. It’s free and he’s great.  

• Thanks (+1) 1