GDT - Lightning @ Sabres - October 17, 2023 - 7:30 PM (EDT) - ESPN & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

I will continue to beat the dead horse that Power had no business being handed that contract.  His refusal to play any defense other than stick checking is not acceptable, and shame on DG and the other coaches for doing nothing about it. I’d sit his a$$ in the press box until he shows in practice that he will engage the opposition. 

That being said…good win!

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I will continue to beat the dead horse that Power had no business being handed that contract.  His refusal to play any defense other than stick checking is not acceptable, and shame on DG and the other coaches for doing nothing about it. I’d sit his a$$ in the press box until he shows in practice that he will engage the opposition. 

I thought he was good I must be blind 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Power was excellent tonight. And that pass for a goal from Skinner? Outstanding. He'll be a bargain on this contract. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The kid is not even old enough to drink.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You know how foolish this take is?  Let it go.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

What is your point?  No way is his play in his own zone acceptable at the NHL level. 

You're clearly a hater that has made up his mind, expressed it publicly, and will take every opportunity to defend it. And then will be silent when he plays well. Book it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Jost is more valuable to this team than VO.

Krebs didn't do too well with his lineup change.

KO is s-l-o-w.

Levi looked like the Levi I think we are all hoping he will be consistently.

Girgensons earns every dollar of his contract.

Tage looks horrible.

Benson was pretty much neutralized tonight but wasn't a liability.

I think this team is trying to add a little heavy to their game - beyond Greenway and Clifton it seems everyone is trying to flex their gritty.

Not sure what an ideal first-10-game record would be, but I think I'd be happy with 6-2-2.

Oops! Almost forgot: I'm looking forward to seeing our two solid Johnsons next game. 

Edited by ...
Almost forgot the Johnson joke.
  • Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Samuelsson out with an UBI

Ryan Johnson you’re up

Weird, Muel played the first shift of the 3rd and it lasted nearly 2 minutes.  He shoved a couple TB players, but saw nothing to indicate he was hit by a TB player to cause an injury...in other words Muel initiated a couple of contacts, but nothing significant.  No idea why he's hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.