Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

Islanders…devils..penguins all losing or lost. Part of why we need to keep this late season run in perspective is because a big part of the reason it’s a meaningful run at all is because of just how bad the 8 range has been in the East.

Cutoff should not be 90 or 91 right now, and yet..

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Beware

We'll see.

He's due to get some starts with a very tired team in front of him, so we'll see how he does.

I'd be more than happy to welcome him back next year and would even bump him up to 2m a season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 3:16 AM, Sabres73 said:

I don't like their chances against the Kraken tomorrow, or the Canucks on Saturday.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:52 PM, Thorny said:

im so very sad wade barrett GIF

im so very sad wade barrett GIF

Edited by Thorny

16 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Why do the CBC Canada NHL games look like they're broadcasted in 1988 quality on TV?

If you're on Spectrum like me, they won't upgrade CBC to HD because of cost. It sucks because the broadcasts are great. That being said, I still watched Colorado/Edmonton in SD last night.  Great uptempo game.  That would be a fun series. 

Edited by gomper
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Another day, another would-be 8th seed laying an egg. Islanders go down again. At the end of the day, they are not a very good hockey team. Sabres will continue to play meaningful games    in March despite sitting at 69 points with a month left owing to the extremely flawed nature of every team in the hunt this year. Cutoff could be 90. Could be 89

Still alive 

Edited by Thorny

6 teams battling for 8th (Detroit, Washington, NY, Buffalo, Jersey, Pittsburgh) are a combined 25-32-3 over their last 10 games 

A cool 72 point pace over 82 lol

Edited by Thorny

45 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Vegas with the knife. 
for those of us that haven't given up, we are 2 for 2 in todays games so far 

Next up pens vs Wings.   

Even though the penguins will catch up to us with a win, we need a penguins win 

• Like (+1) 1