GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

I'm listening to the radio feed and have to call Dan Dunleavy out. This is the second time that I've heard him steal shtick from the long-dead Ted Darling.

For those of you too young, Ted Darling was the original Sabres pbp man. He was from HNIC, his diction was impeccable and he was a bit of a know-it-all. He was such a know-it-all that he claimed to even know the origin city of the person who caught the puck when it was shot into the crowd.

Dan, we know you're copying Ted's shtick, not thinking that there are fans who knew anything about it. It's a cheap copy. Get your own gimmicks, don't pass Ted Darling's off as your own.

Sheesh!🤬

A souvenir for a lucky fan from the Sloan Kiwanis Club. 

Good times.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Quint said:

I'm listening to the radio feed and have to call Dan Dunleavy out. This is the second time that I've heard him steal shtick from the long-dead Ted Darling.

For those of you too young, Ted Darling was the original Sabres pbp man. He was from HNIC, his diction was impeccable and he was a bit of a know-it-all. He was such a know-it-all that he claimed to even know the origin city of the person who caught the puck when it was shot into the crowd.

Dan, we know you're copying Ted's shtick, not thinking that there are fans who knew anything about it. It's a cheap copy. Get your own gimmicks, don't pass Ted Darling's off as your own.

Sheesh!🤬

"And there's a souvenir for a fan from Lewiston, NY..."

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Always hear it as an homage when Dunleavy does that rather than a rip off.

And personally like hearing that "blast from the past."

(As a kid, never could figure out how he knew where everybody in the crowd was from.  Didn't catch on to the joke until later.  D'oh!)

Last year, I heard Jack Edwards try to cop the "Top shelf where mama hides the cookies." It didn't work. You don't get anywhere in life trying to pay "homage" to legends. You get called out as a cheap imitator. You have to be original and carve your own legend.

Edited by Quint

Just now, Quint said:

Last year, I heard Jack Edwards try to cop the "Top shelf where mama hides the cookies." It didn't work. You don't get anywhere in life trying to pay "homage" to legends. You get called out as a cheap imitator. You have to be original and carve your own legend.

I couldn't hear you, could you tell me again....

1 minute ago, Quint said:

Rick said he got it from Larry Playfair.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There is definitely something wrong with Jack Edwards.  Haven't heard him cry about a single call against the B's nor any missed calls against the Sabres.  When you lose your calling card, something's off.

Did he have complications from his prostate cancer treatment over the summer?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.