The summer doldrums of hockey. Funny NHL commercials edition.

Zamboni

And the Adelphia ones with "we need tuna" and "must see, must see."

Labatt's bear ones were great too.  "did not see that coming."  "the worst part about living in Canada is sleeping on the cold rocks; I've got a waterbed; check please!" and his karioke stint.

And finally, "but Steve, it's Saturday, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning."

Might try to find them this evening.

• Haha (+1) 2

And simply couldn't find a great old ESPN game promo commercial.  Back around '93, ESPN was going to air a Sabres Pens game.  The normal promo had Jagr standing on the rink, hears a faint roar, puts his ear to the ice, stands back up looks into the camera and deadpans "buffalo."  But 1 time, they had Mogilny in the same spot but instead of a roar there's a faint clicking noise.  Mogilny goes through the same exercise, but when he turns to the camera he deadpans "penguins."

ESPN back in the day had GREAT hockey commercials.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I never saw those two commercials I don’t think. They’re actually pretty funny.

Pretty sure they were only used for the State side version of NHLN.

There were a couple others in the same vein, but those were IMHO the 2 best of the bunch.

If I still had a left nut, I'd give it up if someone could find the French Connection's ad for Chef's. It involved them singing "That's Amore" -- at first, badly. Then Perreault says something like "I know what's wrong -- we didn't have our Chef's pasta sauce" (in his voice, unintentionally hilarious). Then they all take a spoonful (ick) from an open jar and proceed to sing the song in good harmony. 

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

If I still had a left nut, I'd give it up if someone could find the French Connection's ad for Chef's. It involved them singing "That's Amore" -- at first, badly. Then Perreault says something like "I know what's wrong -- we didn't have our Chef's pasta sauce" (in his voice, unintentionally hilarious). Then they all take a spoonful (ick) from an open jar and proceed to sing the song in good harmony. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Much appreciated, @Zamboni. The last time I searched, that video was not on the YouTube. Great find.

I will continue to whittle a stick absentmindedly while dreaming of my white whale: John Muckler's live interview with Stu Boyar at Prior Aviation after a mixed-bag road trip in which Muckler played Grant Fuhr despite the new goalie, Dominik Hasek, looking absolutely sensational. Muckler appeared a little drunk and dropped an f-bomb or 2 on Stu -- on a live feed, like I said. I once exchanged messages with Stu on the subject and asked him if the footage still exists. He recalled the interview and expressed doubt over whether the footage is still out there.

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

@Zamboni, how did you miss this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ghL3yWD-I

(Sorry, youtube won't let this one embed.  But the link should work.)

I had a hard time embedding that video as well. And others.

edit: found another video that allowed it to embed. 👍🏼

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.