Sabres Associate GM Jason Karamanos and Sam Ventura confirmed to have interviewed for Pittsburgh’s GM Position

Brawndo

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure why it wouldn't come up for you. The article dealt with the issue of balancing development for the young players with having the right mix of veterans who set a good example on how to play and prepare. The overriding point was that developing players for the NHL is the priority in the balancing act. 

It was interesting.   Winning is also important.  Develop your prospects on a team that wins games so they can start a winning mindset.  The AHL vets have to be capable players and leaders.  Looks like Appert finds the right balance and does a good job in Rochester. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It was interesting.   Winning is also important.  Develop your prospects on a team that wins games so they can start a winning mindset.  The AHL vets have to be capable players and leaders.  Looks like Appert finds the right balance and does a good job in Rochester. 

WTF is that less prioritized on the big club?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Weave said:

WTF is that less prioritized on the big club?

If W is What, I don’t get the question.  

If W is Why, good question.  I would say the big club is finally getting good enough to win. 

• Like (+1) 2

Pittsburgh needs to start aligning post life Sidney Crosby within their realistic time frame.  I love the Malkin/Crosby/Letang loyalty, but surrounding them with other degenerating assets and continuing to funnel out fungible assets is a crock.  

On 5/18/2023 at 12:41 PM, Rasmus_ said:

Pittsburgh needs to start aligning post life Sidney Crosby within their realistic time frame.  I love the Malkin/Crosby/Letang loyalty, but surrounding them with other degenerating assets and continuing to funnel out fungible assets is a crock.  

I've read quite a few pens ppl discussing how they just need a retool and can compete for another cup. I don't see it, no prospect pool and they are old and getting older. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I've read quite a few pens ppl discussing how they just need a retool and can compete for another cup. I don't see it, no prospect pool and they are old and getting older. 

Old is saying something.  They look completely shot.  An injury to any of their top two lines like this season would be devastating.   Washington can retool and go for another cup, because they have smartly insulated with players like Strome and a few others, where they have guys in their mid to late twenties to offset Backstrom, Carlson and Ovechkin.  I just see too much uncertainty.   They have no prospect depth, outside of a very select few.   I just don't see it.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.