GDT: Sabres at Detroit 7 PM 4-6-2023 MSG

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

They are young, over the next 3 or 4 seasons they will mature in front of our very eyes. I would have liked to of seen Kulich up for a handful of games though.

Let’s hope it doesn’t take 3-4 seasons for the Sabres to find actual competent asst coaches that know how to fix the PK. It’s cost us numerous games and a playoff spot this year and will continue to until it’s properly coached and addressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Lose this game and Sabres are done like dinner.  All other teams winning

They already are done for all intensive purposes. The Florida game was it. Would need to basically win out. Not happening. Playing for next year now. 

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Don’t matter how good your goalie is when your team can’t play defense. Need to turn that around. Wasting a good offense. 

The goalie has not been perfect either.  Detroit has been lucky tonight.  

Can somebody on the coaching staff PLEASE tell the team to stop deflecting the mother blanking puck.  Just let Levi stop it.  You don't have to try to stop it for him.

That's Power's 4th point of the night.  3A's for the good guys and 1G for the bad guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

They already are done for all intensive purposes. The Florida game was it. Would need to basically win out. Not happening. Playing for next year now. 

In my heart (and brain actually) I'm gonna keep on thinking that we're somehow gonna make it until we mathematically cannot

setting up myself for disappointment perhaps? good thing I don't follow those betting ads that they love LOL :D 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Can somebody on the coaching staff PLEASE tell the team to stop deflecting the mother blanking puck.  Just let Levi stop it.  You don't have to try to stop it for him.

That's Power's 4th point of the night.  3A's for the good guys and 1G for the bad guys.

It was so far offline he was just trying to get out of the way of it, I think. He wasn’t trying to block it.

Should be great 3rd period… Two fast teams… Lot of open space… Want to see us clear the net area better for Levi… 

No stupid penalties

Play for it all… like a SC Game 7 final… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They are young, over the next 3 or 4 seasons they will mature in front of our very eyes. I would have liked to of seen Kulich up for a handful of games though.

Can we at least be eliminated before we talk about looking at prospects??? 

We have to win the 3rd period and get to the next game.  I could care less about seeing a prospect.  I want to win now, tonight.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Should be great 3rd period… Two fast teams… Lot of open space… Want to see us clear the net area better for Levi… 

No stupid penalties

Play for it all… like a SC Game 7 final… N

Agree.  There is no need for coaching now.  The forwards have to know they need to go out and win it and not do a repeat of the Panther's game.

There are no more "tomorrows".   

• Like (+1) 2

Can people please not post the scores of the other 3 games in this thread. Some people actually are planning on watching at least parts of them.

There is a perfectly good Around the NHL thread that they can go into or perhaps somebody could staro a playoff watch thread.

Thanks.

Granato preaches “Learning Experiences” for this young team

The only Learning Experience right now… is winning this tied game with aggressive, strong, no nonsense play…

Just do it

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.