GDT: Sabres at Detroit 7 PM 4-6-2023 MSG

spndnchz

Hopefully they loosen up the grip on their sticks now and take the lumps of coal from out between their butt cheeks that they played with last game. You always know when they are uptight because their offense goes straight down the toilet.  They miss shots they normally don't miss and they don't generate the type of chances they normally generate even when they are pumping out shots, they are mostly of the not great variety.  There is a happy medium between them playing loosey-goosey defensively and them playing so uptight that they can't produce any offense and they still struggle to find it too often in games. Likely will come in time but they need to figure it out for next year.

The game for them was perfectly summed up in 2 plays by 2 stars over the last 15 seconds. Tage Thompson completely whiffing on his normal one-timer right in the wheelhouse and Dahlin making a pass so bad back to the point that it went out of the zone to effectively end the game when they had a 6 on 3.  Pretty much a fitting ending to how the other 59+ minutes went for them.

Edited by matter2003
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Too bad Cincinnati does not have a hockey team to beat a Pittsburgh team in the last game to sneak us in.

Really?   Your third post and you are taking us down the "we broke the drought because of Cincinnati rabbit hole"?  

Let not forgot the Sabres need to pretty much run the table, and if they do they would certainly deserve to make the playoffs.   It won't be because a random team beat a team currently in front of us.   You get the points that you earn.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Too bad Cincinnati does not have a hockey team to beat a Pittsburgh team in the last game to sneak us in.

Too bad Baltimore doesn't either.  You are misremembering...had a chance to take care of our own business with Pittsburgh when they played 2nd and 3rd stringers and puked all over ourselves at home.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Comrie or UPL? 🤔

Levi

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Play Levi.  Play Tage if he can go.   Try to win.  They are not eliminated.  Fight to the end! 

Agreed. Until we're officially eliminated I'd play Levi. If we're eliminated then we need to work on building the confidence with UPL or Comrie (or both) depending on the team's plans for next year.

Next week we have 2 back to backs, so one or both of them can play next week. Or maybe Anderson if he's healthy by Ottawa.

It's not enough to have 1 goalie anymore. We need 2. Ideally that would be UPL since he's younger, but I don't care which. This also assumes Levi can keep up his high level of play and makes the team next year, but it sure looks that way right now.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

33 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Really?   Your third post and you are taking us down the "we broke the drought because of Cincinnati rabbit hole"?  

Let not forgot the Sabres need to pretty much run the table, and if they do they would certainly deserve to make the playoffs.   It won't be because a random team beat a team currently in front of us.   You get the points that you earn.   

Okay, Okay 🙂 No jokes until 1K posts. I honestly remember being so happy when it happened, I did not care how it happened and it was such a great day - I'd love to have that feeling with the Sabres again.

30 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Too bad Baltimore doesn't either.  You are misremembering...had a chance to take care of our own business with Pittsburgh when they played 2nd and 3rd stringers and puked all over ourselves at home.

Jeez, you are right of course ... guess I need two monsters this morning.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Okay, Okay 🙂 No jokes until 1K posts. I honestly remember being so happy when it happened, I did not care how it happened and it was such a great day - I'd love to have that feeling with the Sabres again.

I was in a Bills Backers Sports Bar watching the Bills win, then the Bengal win.  Grown men were crying with joy.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.