GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m definitely a mix of confident and anxious on every shot against.  Want him to be the “saviour” so bad 

totally unfair to say the next Hasek but can he be better than MIller ?  

No single player can be a savior, but he can certainly be a key piece. Considering he had the second best career save % in college history (according to the graphic shown on MSG period periods) he certainly has the potential to be special. 

10 minutes ago, Quint said:

Exciting to have a goalie making saves without screw-ups. Defense is protecting him. The ice looks pretty bad as well.

If we played like this for all our goalies, and could do it every game, we would be closer to Boston.   Do you think Ullmark would be in the Vezina discussion if he was on Buffalo?  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m definitely a mix of confident and anxious on every shot against.  Want him to be the “saviour” so bad 

totally unfair to say the next Hasek but can he be better than MIller ?  

Ya I wouldn’t go with “unfair” re: a Hasek label as much as “impossible”: we’re talking the greatest goalie to ever play the position and imo a top 10 player of all time

Miller is possible and he was a GREAT goalie but even that I wouldn’t set as any kind of EXPECTATION: I don’t put “win a vezina” as an expectation. I expect him to be good though, and a good starter is more than enough to work with, and anything better than that is exciting 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.