GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

3 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

at this point if Levi becomes nothing more than an average NHL goalie... I'll take it. Thats how bad our goaltending has been.

But we used to take pride in having good goaltending. It was part of our identity & we just got away from it... I hope Levi brings that respectability back.

Some fear would be nice too! It'd be nice to have a goalie other teams feared playing against.

that would considered a failure

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If Levi wins, the calls to add a starting goalie this offseason with vanish immediately, right? Actually asking 

Not from me.  We need a starting goalie for next year and we need to develop him properly.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

that would considered a failure

Yeah i'd agree. Its definitely not what we're hoping for. NHL average to me would be say top 15 in the league. But our goaltending has been so bad that if average is all we had, if thats what we had this year we'd probably have 10 more points in the standings & be in the playoffs. After 11-12 years it hurts that its really all it would've taken, just being average.

1 minute ago, MBD said:

And Levi can't be it?

Sure he can be.    But we don’t know that.  And we don’t know when.  

He would be a freak of nature if he is the starter next year and leads us to the playoffs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.