Buffalo's best weck

PASabreFan

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Should I not be getting mine at a gas station?

NOCO in Orchard Park has a Charlie the Butcher in it. Maybe that's where you went?

There is also a Charlie the Butcher in the Marathon Station in East Aurora.

Edited by SwampD

5 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

Charlie the Butcher!

I stop there for 2 of them every time I'm home!

Ask Charlie one day about Grevey's in Fall Church VA... use to go there to watch Bills games.  B on W was awesome... he is an icon. He'd serve everyone... one of my favorites.... glad he returned back to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, Quint said:

While you're at it, go to: 

Bocci Pizza

Duff's Wings

Anderson's Frozen Custard

Mighty Taco 

Ted's Hot Dogs

Louie's Texas Red Hots

(I'm still mourning the closure of Leonardi's Pizza.)

Bob and John's Lahacienda on Hertle.

I feel somewhat distanced being here in OH but my tongue is hanging out for a b on w.... let alone real wings...
I've been taking notes from this thread and planning on a return home this Summer (please carry on with recommendations). 
Thanks much, friends.  This hankering can be fixed! (unlike our D situation, ugh)

go Sabres

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Man, I thought Swistons closed like 20 yrs ago.  Who knew?

When we lived in Tonawanda, Swistons and Raintree Island were our go tos.

I was always underwhelmed by Swiston's. The BoW was just okay, and it felt like i was interrupting coffee hour at someone else's church.

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That's a Sunoco.

Oh OK. In looking at google maps I see I wasn't that far from a CTB Kitchen location which I'm sure would have been better.

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Arby's in Bradford 😂😂

Bar Bill has a weck and wings combo, both delicious and my #1 vote, there's one in East Aurora and in Williamsville and maybe another location but not sure 100%

Hoo boy. The meat with the sheen. I think I might have preferred it.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Oh OK. In looking at google maps I see I wasn't that far from a CTB Kitchen location which I'm sure would have been better.

Hoo boy. The meat with the sheen. I think I might have preferred it.

No, those Charlie the Butchers are legit. I'm planning on stopping at the one in East Aurora next month.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:12 PM, Cheektorado said:

Bailo's on Bailey Ave.  Oh, wait that burned down in the 70's.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:16 PM, Cheektorado said:

I was wondering if anyone would remember that place.

It was a big treat to eat there on Sunday's for us.  Beef on Weck came with brown gravy instead of Au Jus.  The way it supposed to be!

On 3/1/2023 at 4:54 PM, tom webster said:

Yep. One of my dad’s favorites. The family bakery was around the area.

When I was a kid, I remember my dad taking the family there in the '70s. He loved it. Seemed like the weck was as big as my head but that's from the perspective of a then child. 😉

On 3/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, Kr632 said:

Bar Bill. Get some wings too. 

I went there for the first time last July and loved the wings and the weck.

17 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Ask Charlie one day about Grevey's in Fall Church VA... use to go there to watch Bills games.  B on W was awesome... he is an icon. He'd serve everyone... one of my favorites.... glad he returned back to Buffalo.

Bob and John's Lahacienda on Hertle.

I loved Grevey's. Went there on occasion to see the Bills and take in the atmosphere, especially before the arrival of DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket, since it was only a couple of hours up the road from me. Sadly, it closed for good several years ago. I have yet to make it to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA but it's been on my 'to do' list forever. It's another 'Buffalo bar'.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.