Will the Sabres drop STH prices in 23-24?

LabattBlue

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You want an NFL franchise in Buffalo? Sadly this area can't swing it without sweeteners. Hey, I support you taking a hard line with billionaire owners. Just don't shed any tears when the moving vans arrive.

I don't pay for either so I don't care. I was answering the man's question.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You want an NFL franchise in Buffalo? Sadly this area can't swing it without sweeteners. Hey, I support you taking a hard line with billionaire owners. Just don't shed any tears when the moving vans arrive.

Thing is, while guys like Jones & Kraft will continue to want mausoleums to their own hubris, the league is becoming increasingly TV centric & focused on maximizing those revenues and the local revenues are just gravy on top.  

Each team gets over $300 MILLION from just TV game broadcast revenues alone.  ($312.5MM to be precise.)

To put that in perspective a team w/ an 80k seat stadium w/ 8 home games with an average ticket price of $100 and w/ an assumption each person in attendance generates another $100 is only $128MM.  (Yes, it's a simplification and misses some revenues (like luxury boxes, preseason & postseason tix; the latter of which is highly spread throughout the lrague & doesn't primarily stay where it is generated), but it also isn't looking at expenses.  Just doing this as an order of magnitude type exercise.)  So, game day stadium revenue is roughly 40% of TV revenue and TV revenue provides ~70% of all revenue.  And TV & internet revenues will only keep going up for the foreseeable future.

Which is great for a small market club like Buffalo because the Bills not making as much locally as the Cowboys make isn't a death blow for them staying in the league and staying competitive competitive.

4 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

@Taro T completely agree w/ this " (And, yes, the Canes are very good, but the casual fans still don't give a rat's rear end about them We're the ones that find them a good team to watch & measure the Sabres progress against.)"    

The Canes are averaging 18,493 in home attendance so far this season.  That’s pretty good. I think the area has noticed that they’re good.  
https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph_season.php?lid=NHL1927&sid=2023

33 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Canes are averaging 18,493 in home attendance so far this season.  That’s pretty good. I think the area has noticed that they’re good.  
https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph_season.php?lid=NHL1927&sid=2023

Casual fans IN BUFFALO don't give a rat's rear end about the mf'n Canes.

Here in Vegas they raised ticket prices for next season by $4.00 a game and then no raise in 2nd or 3rd year. Still gonna opt out of my seats because season seat holders are dumping their seats for $ lost every game. We can’t get face value for our tickets. Only a handful of teams will you be able to sell for face value. If you are smart and you plan on coming to Vegas if you go on to AXS a few hours before the game you will get tickets for much cheaper then season ticket holders get them for even with fees. 

• 2 weeks later...