GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Arizona Coyotes 12/17/22--9 pm eastern MSG

bob_sauve28

Just now, Doohickie said:

Don't look now but the Sabres are 4 points from the last WC spot with THREE games in hand.

I don't know how anybody can watch this team and not be pumped for the future. Lotta young talent that is maturing rapidly before our eyes. Yes, there are still deficiencies that need to be addressed, but the core is here. They're young, so there will likely still be a couple skids ahead, but this is the makings of a scary good team in the very near future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was constantly flipping the channel between the Bills and Sabre game so I can't fairly give an assessment on the hockey game. But from what I saw it is evident that our top line is an upper tier first line in this league. And from what I saw I thought Mitts played a good game. He didn't dither with the puck or try to make cute passes. He was more decisive in shooting the puck and seemed to play a more simplified and focused game. (If anyone watched the whole game, I would appreciate their observations about Mitts in this game.)

Edited by JohnC

Just now, JohnC said:

I was constantly flipping the channel between the Bills and Sabre game so I can't fairly give an assessment on the hockey game. But from what I saw it is evident that our top line is an upper tier first line in this league. And from what I saw I thought Mitts played a good game. He didn't dither with the puck or try to make cute passes. He was more decisive in shooting the puck and seemed to play a more simplified and focused game. (If anyone watched the whole game. I would appreciate their observations about Mitts in this game.)

I had two TVs going.  The Sabres played a game that frustrated the Yotes.  For the most part they gave them no time or space.  In the first and third periods we outshot them nearly 2-1; in the second period the Yotes outshot us slightly.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

You are a lost cause. You are more likely to go to hell than not. So I'm not going to waste my prayers on you. Amazon Miami GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Dude, that's harsh.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I had two TVs going.  The Sabres played a game that frustrated the Yotes.  For the most part they gave them no time or space.  In the first and third periods we outshot them nearly 2-1; in the second period the Yotes outshot us slightly.

Dude, that's harsh.

Not really. I know where I'm likely to end up. I want some company from familiar faces. 😈

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I don't know how anybody can watch this team and not be pumped for the future. Lotta young talent that is maturing rapidly before our eyes. Yes, there are still deficiencies that need to be addressed, but the core is here. They're young, so there will likely still be a couple skids ahead, but this is the makings of a scary good team in the very near future.

I keep saying it but this is the closest thing to the Harlem Globetrotters on Ice that the NHL has seen...they just make it look so pretty so often...

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I was constantly flipping the channel between the Bills and Sabre game so I can't fairly give an assessment on the hockey game. But from what I saw it is evident that our top line is an upper tier first line in this league. And from what I saw I thought Mitts played a good game. He didn't dither with the puck or try to make cute passes. He was more decisive in shooting the puck and seemed to play a more simplified and focused game. (If anyone watched the whole game. I would appreciate their observations about Mitts in this game.)

Honestly the Cozens line seemed to be our worst line.  Although they didn't score, the Girgs-Krebs-Okie line looked really good; Krebs is bringing an offensive dimension to that line and I think it's only a matter of time until we see some scoring from them.  Mitts looked better with Jost and Ollie than previously, but I still think there's a mismatch between Ollie and Mitts.  Maybe swap Girgs with Ollie to give the Krebs line better finish and give some Gus-jam to Mitts-Jost.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sabres turning it on...and helping with a rare daily double!(Bills/Sabres win on same day)

Triple!  Bandits won too!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Honestly the Cozens line seemed to be our worst line.  Although they didn't score, the Girgs-Krebs-Okie line looked really good; Krebs is bringing an offensive dimension to that line and I think it's only a matter of time until we see some scoring from them.  Mitts looked better with Jost and Ollie than previously, but I still think there's a mismatch between Ollie and Mitts.  Maybe swap Girgs with Ollie to give the Krebs line better finish and give some Gus-jam to Mitts-Jost.

The kid line is so dependent on the rush for offense, the opposition knows to pressure them immediately to not let them get going. And they were very disjointed tonight from the constant penalties. Cozens and Quinn got plenty of special teams time, but the trio had less than 9 minutes of even strength ice. We've been relying on them as the #2 line and they were red-hot for a couple weeks but they're probably really only a 3 this season and they'll likely be streaky.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.