Sabres practice lines 12/12

Doohickie

38 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought it was pretty clear that Casey doesn't work on Thompson's wing.  Donny Meatballs... seriously, come on.

Mitts to 4C, Krebs to 2C, Cozens to 1LW

I would try Krebs on Line 1 for 2 games until Skinner comes back. 
Move Asplund to 4C for two games and put Mitts back with Jost. 

I think it sends the wrong message that Mitts, who has played like ***** on 5v5 for almost the entire season, gets promoted to Line 1 after one good game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I'd be okay with that too.

Just not Mitts.

50 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Nope.  Don’t want them to be a one line team

Krebs centering JJ & Quinn was an excellent line in the AHL.  If it clicks here it could make the Sabres a three line team when Skins gets back.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I thought it was pretty clear that Casey doesn't work on Thompson's wing.  Donny Meatballs... seriously, come on.

Mitts to 4C, Krebs to 2C, Cozens to 1LW

Meatballs doesn't want to mess w Kid Line IMO (nor do I, and I know only 2 games).

My hot sports opinion..... put MR ANDERSON on LW (he plays in his beer league & has 41 yrs.... he can play his off wing!).

This will work no?

The Matrix No GIF

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I think it sends the wrong message that Mitts, who has played like ***** on 5v5 for almost the entire season, gets promoted to Line 1 after one good game. 

Don't see the issue w/ having Mittelstadt on line 1 as an issue about rewarding 1 good game.

See the issue as more being that he's had difficulties being the "driver" on a 2nd line and finally might be getting his game back on the 3rd line & they then put him back up against stiffer competition again (though at least not in the driver's seat).  Get his game stepped up before putting him back in a position where he's likely to fail.  That said, thought he played well in the 2nd period.  Didn't like his game at all in the 1st nor 3rd.

Still expect Okposo is the best choice to move there.  But would not be opposed to putting Krebs there.  Other than his pretty much never shooting, he probably mimics Skinner's game the most closely of anyone on the roster.  Plus, he seemed to have chemistry w/ Tuch last year (but who didn't?) in the short time they played together last year.

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I agree with this. Maybe I am a Krebs fanboy, but burying him on the fourth line isn’t playing to his playmaking strengths…nor is it developing him to be anything more than a plugger. 

I am ready to move on from Mitts, so promoting him to the top line helps nothing.  

Edited by Porous Five Hole
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Spoonman said:

Meatballs doesn't want to mess w Kid Line IMO (nor do I, and I know only 2 games).

I think that's true. Skinner-Thompson-Tuch and Quinn-Cozens-Peterka will stay as units for the year if possible and will be the only 2 lines carried forward into next year. I've said before I don't think they care about winning this year and I still believe it. Next year (I hope) that changes and we will likely see a new kid line as line 3. Not sure what they will do with line 4. See if they move or re-sign Girgs and Kyle. Mitts is being given every chance this year and probably too many chances to earn a place on next year's team. We have half a team at the moment.  

4 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I agree with this. Maybe I am a Krebs fanboy, but burying him on the fourth line isn’t playing to his playmaking strengths…nor is it developing him to be anything more than a plugger. 

I am ready to move on from Mitts, so promoting him to the top line helps nothing.  

He’s been producing and seems comfortable there.

He’s getting time with the Captain and an Assistant Captain. Don’t see how that’s a bad thing for a struggling young player.

He’s not getting buried he’s developing, hopefully back up the lineup. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

we will likely see a new kid line as line 3.

I wonder if they are looking to put two rookie wingers with an experienced center (see Cozens line) and are wanting the experienced center to be one of Krebs or Mitts.  It would explain putting each of them on a "development plan" of sorts.

(and yes I know most of the rookies next year will be natural centers but I still think they'd put them at wing to begin)

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if they are looking to put two rookie wingers with an experienced center (see Cozens line) and are wanting the experienced center to be one of Krebs or Mitts.  It would explain putting each of them on a "development plan" of sorts.

(and yes I know most of the rookies next year will be natural centers but I still think they'd put them at wing to begin)

Maybe we can bring back ROR to center the 3rd line? 🙂

Well if I'm KA the first thing I'm doing is making an offer to Compher.  He'd be the perfect 3C for this team and is still under 30. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen so it's likely going to be Mitts/Krebs and 2 rookies I think you are right. The question for me is where does VO fit in? Right now I'd be looking to trade him as I just don't think he gives us what we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe we can bring back ROR to center the 3rd line? 🙂

You're not the first person I've seen mention that possibility, considering ROR is UFA after this year.

Not so much based on performance but just based on vibes I really haven't felt like VO is part of this Sabres team.  I just get a feeling of "aloofness" from him.  Maybe I'm reading too much in to a first impression, I don't know.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You might be right that VO, while sort of one dimensional is the better option.

What about Peterka? Problem is who takes Peterka’s spot. Probably robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I wouldn't want to mess with JJP-Cozens-Quinn, which is an unstoppable force of nature right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You're not the first person I've seen mention that possibility, considering ROR is UFA after this year.

Not so much based on performance but just based on vibes I really haven't felt like VO is part of this Sabres team.  I just get a feeling of "aloofness" from him.  Maybe I'm reading too much in to a first impression, I don't know.

I wouldn't say aloof, but maybe not connected. Just kind of there, but not really into being there. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.