Practice Lines 11/21

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Krebs sent down to Rochester, let him play big minutes in all situations. 

get some confidence.   

I think most, if not all of us feel that way except for two people. Those two people are Krebs and Granato. I don’t see Donnie boy sending anyone down to the Amerks until the season is over to help with the Amerks playoffs (if its the case). 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

My point was that people have been complaining about the changing of lines and pairings like Granato is pulling lottery balls from the barrel and not because of the injuries.  So I figured those who had not been paying attention as to what was happening and why it was happening would probably complain about Samuelsson being put back into the line up because it would just be another change to them.

There's a healthy contingent on here who are content to just complain about everything that's happening without applying an iota of brain power to it.

Be careful, old man PA might thumbs down your post for pointing out chronic complainers.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

I think most, if not all of us feel that way except for two people. Those two people are Krebs and Granato. I don’t see Donnie boy sending anyone down to the Amerks until the season is over to help with the Amerks playoffs (if its the case). 

I know Krebs hasn’t played a ton in the AHL (20 pts in 20 games), but I guess I’m in the minority here.  I don’t think playing in the AHL is going to make him a better player long term. 

I see hustle in his game. I see a weak shot. I see vision and playmaking upside, and I see him struggling. But the AHL game isn’t fast enough for AHL reps to be meaningful.  At least to me.  I think he needs to acclimate his game to the NHL tempo rather than using a slower AHL game to translate to being a better long term player.  
If it was a matter of confidence, then yes the AHL would be beneficial. But I don’t think that’s his problem.  I think his problem is he’s a young player and needs the best competition to grow and figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Granato seems to be unraveling 

Reminds me of Housley CONSTANTLY changing lines 

Taking Tuch out is absurd at best 

The lines and pairs look pretty normal honestly.

Generally when you see a guy missing and scrub in his place, it’s just that, a scrub holding his place in practice for the day.  Handy thing to keep in mind to avoid future freak outs.

43 minutes ago, Curt said:

Generally when you see a guy missing and scrub in his place, it’s just that, a scrub holding his place in practice for the day.  Handy thing to keep in mind to avoid future freak outs.

Next time that happens I'll definitely be thinking of you, Kurt 

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Exactly. Much ado about nothing. Tuch a little banged up. No big deal. 

11 hours ago, shrader said:

Be careful, old man PA might thumbs down your post for pointing out chronic complainers.

Yeah. I would hope I'm on the ignore list there.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Did you really think that they were going to scratch Tuch and put Jost on the 1st line?

Probably did but can't own up to it and would rather continue to deflect at everyone else. We're all guilty of being emotional regarding this team, that's probably what appealed to us to join a fan forum. Everyone has a different breaking point, but just because a person reaches their point doesn't mean they should then make it a mission to try and break everyone else.

Let others pull you up rather than trying to pull them down.

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Krebs sent down to Rochester, let him play big minutes in all situations. 

get some confidence.   

Confidence in the offensive zone, but he needs some legit work on his overall game.  In almost every aspect of his game he looks like a journeyman minor league guy who is totally outmached in the NHL.

Edited by mjd1001

i agree with the idea of sending Krebs down; besides his glaring turnovers he hasnt really done much for the sabres. His play is outmatched and he seems overwhelmed when he is on the ice in most cases. 

i agree with the idea of sending Krebs down; besides his glaring turnovers he hasnt really done much for the sabres. His play is outmatched and he seems overwhelmed when he is on the ice in most cases. 

20 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I know Krebs hasn’t played a ton in the AHL (20 pts in 20 games), but I guess I’m in the minority here.  I don’t think playing in the AHL is going to make him a better player long term. 

I see hustle in his game. I see a weak shot. I see vision and playmaking upside, and I see him struggling. But the AHL game isn’t fast enough for AHL reps to be meaningful.  At least to me.  I think he needs to acclimate his game to the NHL tempo rather than using a slower AHL game to translate to being a better long term player.  
If it was a matter of confidence, then yes the AHL would be beneficial. But I don’t think that’s his problem.  I think his problem is he’s a young player and needs the best competition to grow and figure it out. 

I would have agreed but soon he will be the 13th forward. A few games in the press box is ok but if it’s a long stint, then I think AHL is an option for a few games at least 

That’s my Boy JJ !!

16 hours ago, Mb278 said:

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.