UNO and Alaska Fairbanks postgame handshake ends in a fight

\GoBillsInDallas/

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

"Thugs" is a dog whistle. 

If you didn't know that before now - now you know.

It has been since at least the late 1980s too. God bless the bubble some of you live in.

Edit. I wish I could come inside the bubble. It sucks out here.

Edited by Contempt

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

"Thugs" is a dog whistle. 

If you didn't know that before now - now you know.

37 minutes ago, Contempt said:

It has been since at least the late 1980s too. God bless the bubble some of you live in.

Edit. I wish I could come inside the bubble. It sucks out here.

It is, and it's so weird because when I hear that word I think of a burly white dude with a bowler hat and a toothpick in his mouth.

Edited by Eleven
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Where's the ten thugs on one gang style assault and beat down I heard about? That video shows one guy that tweeked on another. Absolutely bad and suspendable. The other vid, meh. Don't pretend you aren't spinning it with your code words.

I saw a couple clips early today of the helmet swinging.  It definitely happened.  There are a few too many clips out there and it's tough to figure out exactly when is happening when and where, but there probably should be assault charges for this one.  I'm not quite sure why we need to start going on the racial garbage here for what there really should be no argument about was a seriously ugly incident.  It's a hockey board for ****s sake, not a game of accuse the racist.

edit: The board eliminates vulgarities now instead of replacing them with the asterisks I just put back in?

Edited by shrader

35 minutes ago, shrader said:

I saw a couple clips early today of the helmet swinging.  It definitely happened.  There are a few too many clips out there and it's tough to figure out exactly when is happening when and where, but there probably should be assault charges for this one.  I'm not quite sure why we need to start going on the racial garbage here for what there really should be no argument about was a seriously ugly incident.  It's a hockey board for ****s sake, not a game of accuse the racist.

edit: The board eliminates vulgarities now instead of replacing them with the asterisks I just put back in?

Pointing out when someone is acting in a racist manner is not the same thing as calling them a racist. That is a common argument made so that we never have to talk about it. I’m done pretending it isn’t real.

Edited by SwampD

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pointing out when someone is acting in a racist manner is not the same thing as calling them a racist. That is a common argument made so that we never have to talk about it. I’m done pretending it isn’t real.

From my point of view it looked like you were arguing that something never happened, found out it did, then decided to keep piling on rather than admit the mistake. 

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

From my point of view it looked like you were arguing that something never happened, found out it did, then decided to keep piling on rather than admit the mistake. 

Yeah right. Gang assault. There was one angry football player swinging a helmet that we can barely see and dont even know know if he hit him. Oh yeah, and they are all wearing football pads?

Why did he bring it up at all in this thread. There already was a thread about it.

You can think whatever you want.

Edited by SwampD

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yeah right. Gang assault. There was one angry football player swinging a helmet that we can barely see and dont even know know if he hit him. Oh yeah, and they are all wearing football pads?

Why did he bring it up at all in this thread. There already was a thread about it.

You can think whatever you want.

I can’t speak for his reasoning. But then again, I’ve got about 80% of the posts on this board on ignore now because some like to think they know what another person is thinking better than the actual person does. 

But anyway, I saw I always get to stuff late around here and I saw it here first. I’m not even sure what the other thread is but I’ll find it eventually. 

Anyway, I’d you want to take issue with the word gang, ok, but there was definitely a large group going after one or two guys. Espn put out a video that shows some pretty clear shots of one guy taking multiple helmet swings at the the Michigan player’s head. It happened, there’s no denying that. With police investigating, assault charges may ver well come into play. 

If you want to know how it’s different than the idiocy of the hockey brawl, I suggest you count bodies. But then again, the video picks it up already in progress, so I have no idea what sparked it and how it got to that state.