Rick Jeanneret night, April 1, 2022

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't follow?

Ik the border is open now

Earlier in the year, I was told that there were a whole bunch of other reasons why attendance was down. I didn’t buy it then, I buy it even less now.

It ramped up because the team is playing great hockey and is worth going to see now. I believe that for some, just seeing RJ’s banner being raised would not have been enough to get them to go.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Earlier in the year, I was told that there were a whole bunch of other reasons why attendance was down. I didn’t buy it then, I buy it even less now.

It ramped up because the team is playing great hockey and is worth going to see now. I believe that for some, just seeing RJ’s banner being raised would not have been enough to get them to go.

Oh yes, I saw this reasons repeated and then once restrictions ended... nothing changed. I think the border does impact it a little

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

The turnout is for Rick. What was last night's attendance?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sure but there was a very vocal minority of people who claimed attendance would magically rise once covid restrictions ended and it wasn't based on the team being trash. Now of course those ppl were wrong but they'll just Qalk to the next conspiracy that confirms their worldview. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Swamp… You are referring to me.

I never “told” you it was other reasons besides playing good hockey. 

I gave you my opinion just like you gave me yours. And I seriously could not care any less if you don’t agree with me. and I’m sure you feel the same when it comes to this topic.

To repeat myself again because obviously it needs it… back in October November December and January, it was a combination of reasons why the attendance was so low. One of them was poor play. not once did I say it was not ONE of the reasons. 

again I couldn’t possibly care less if you’re still butt hurt over my opinion about it being a combination of reasons. Not just poor play/poor record.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

There was maybe 9k (could be closer to 6k) people at Wednesday's game. 

It is sold out for RJ night.

Let's not pretend RJ is not the draw. They are not selling 10k tickets in 5 days just to watch them play the Predators. 

Who's pretending that?

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Who's pretending that?

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I agree. The team not sucking can’t hurt, though.

And I think @Zamboni actually does care just a wee bit.

Just now, woods-racer said:

I believe that for some, just seeing RJ’s banner being raised would not have been enough to get them to go.

Then why this? 

That isn't the same is saying "RJ isn't the draw" it says that for some a good team pushed them over the age to go see the RJ thing. It's both RJ and the team being watchable. 

This is a very Paul Hamilton level thing where he finds the 1 person on twitter who says something and turns that into "ppl are saying this thing and it's stupid rabble rabble" actually this is how most clickbait works and some news.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Glad to see the sellout. Now, the Sabres need to convert a few of those RJ attendees into "I'll go in on a couple games in April" folks, and maybe even a few "I like where this is going... maybe this summer I look into season tickets" folks.

You're going to see a bump in season tickets from all the people who deferred this past season. I know 2 separate season ticket holders who were already planning on that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Anywho... lol... if they're urging people to be in their seats by 6:40 then the ceremony better start at 7. How many times have we had to sit and wait until 7:25 for the start of a road game while Teemu Mcshanahan is fellated (feted damn autoconniption)?

People don't take that "be in your seats" crap seriously. 7 is a safer bet.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Anywho... lol... if they're urging people to be in their seats by 6:40 then the ceremony better start at 7. How many times have we had to sit and wait until 7:25 for the start of a road game while Teemu Mcshanahan is fellated (feted damn autoconniption)?

People don't take that "be in your seats" crap seriously. 7 is a safer bet.

Nobody should listen to you, the ceremony starts at 6:45 by all accounts. You want to miss it go ahead but I won't be taking your "safer bet" based on nothing but "they always ***** this stuff up anyways so go late"