Pysyk helping Hagg

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

We probably never get to read 1% of things like this, it's why when the locker has a good vibes for the first time in a decade making trades for late round picks that may upset it seems so futile.

How will they feel when Anderson and Pysyk aren't re-signed this off-season?  

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I am starting to think that both will be signed.

EDIT TO ADD:

Anderson to be the part-time goalie whisperer to inspire Levi and UPL in their first year as pros.  Well, UPL technically is a pro already, but is just a kid.

And Mark to mentor Power ...

👀

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I am starting to think that both will be signed.

If KA has a goalie tandem of the ancient Anderson and injury prone and unready UPL, he should be fired.

I do agree that it's likely Pysyk will return next season in a depth role.  He isn't really good enough to be Power's partner unless Power is going to get 3rd pairing minutes and KA doesn't acquire the D partner for Power he has stated he wants.

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They will all be at home when it happens, they will all be fine. Packing your car up and leaving then living out of a hotel room for a month is in no way fun, knowing the team got a 6th rounder for you makes it sting even worse. Throw in he knows no one but where you were someone helps out, add a few more trades like that and that locker room goes to crap in a hurry.

Edited by woods-racer

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If KA has a goalie tandem of the ancient Anderson and injury prone and unready UPL, he should be fired.

I do agree that it's likely Pysyk will return next season in a depth role.  He isn't really good enough to be Power's partner unless Power is going to get 3rd pairing minutes and KA doesn't acquire the D partner for Power he has stated he wants.

You quoted before my edit or just plain old ignored it.

I don't think Anderson will play (maybe just a little), but be a coach / mentor for the young kids in net.

And I am just kind of stirring the pot with the Pisser / Power thingie.  I do think Mark will be signed though to be #7/8.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As it is now, we have FOUR young goaltenders who need at least a couple of veteran mentors.  I believe Tokarski is signed for next year, so he would be one of them.

Meanwhile, relying on a 41-year-old goaltender as even a frequent back-up in the NHL would be mind-boggling at best.  We need something much more sure and much younger to tide us over for at least a couple of years.  (This is why I was OK with signing Ullmark at a fairly high salary for 4 years.)

Ideally, Pysyk is #7 behind Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Jokiharu, and a pair of new, veteran, top 4 RHD.  Alternatively, he rotates with a new top 4 D and pairs variously with Power and Dahlin, only getting lesser minutes.

I personally expect Pysyk and Hinostroza to be here next year while a couple of other guys are moved.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Brodeur played until he was nearly 42.

He, Hasek, Johnny Bower, and a few others were  the exception, not the rule.  I just would not take that chance.

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

As it is now, we have FOUR young goaltenders who need at least a couple of veteran mentors.  I believe Tokarski is signed for next year, so he would be one of them.

Meanwhile, relying on a 41-year-old goaltender as even a frequent back-up in the NHL would be mind-boggling at best.  We need something much more sure and much younger to tide us over for at least a couple of years.  (This is why I was OK with signing Ullmark at a fairly high salary for 4 years.)

Ideally, Pysyk is #7 behind Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Jokiharu, and a pair of new, veteran, top 4 RHD.  Alternatively, he rotates with a new top 4 D and pairs variously with Power and Dahlin, only getting lesser minutes.

I personally expect Pysyk and Hinostroza to be here next year while a couple of other guys are moved.

Very highly unlikely to happen. KA will find a guy he thinks will pair well with Power and that guy may or may not be considered top 4, he may already be on the team. Power will be heavily sheltered because they can. Lower minutes, o-zone starts and a consistent partner. Even as poorly run as they were in Dahlin's first year that sheltered him.

I can see a cap strapped team wanting to make a deal and we get a decent defenseman, but not two legitimated top 4 guys.

33 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Meanwhile, relying on a 41-year-old goaltender as even a frequent back-up in the NHL would be mind-boggling at best.  We need something much more sure and much younger to tide us over for at least a couple of years.  (This is why I was OK with signing Ullmark at a fairly high salary for 4 years.).

Tokarski is 32 and a pending UFA.

The Sabres do not have a goalie under contract for next year. 

I suspect they will re-sign either Subban or Toker to be their #3, and UPL to compete for their NHL #1.

At least one of the college guys will be signed to share the load in Rochester. The other might be to be #1 in Cincy.

And another vet will be acquired to share NHL time with UPL. I hope that player will be better than Anderson, but given the amount they appear to value his contribution, he might be back.

• Like (+1) 1

• LGR4GM locked this topic