Drake Caggiula Has Season Ending Surgery; Will Butcher not expected to Miss the Rest of the Season

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Drake Caggiula Has Season Ending Surgery; Will Butcher out for the Season as Well
  • Brawndo changed the title to Drake Caggiula Has Season Ending Surgery; Will Butcher not expected to Miss the Rest of the Season
23 minutes ago, French Collection said:

7th rounder can turn into Zetterberg if you are lucky.

In 2022, idk. Zetterberg was a 7th round pick because at the time international scouting was very hit and miss. Now with all the international tournaments and how well the SHL, Liiga, and the KHL leagues and associated junior leagues are scouted, you could do it but it would be hard. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In 2022, idk. Zetterberg was a 7th round pick because at the time international scouting was very hit and miss. Now with all the international tournaments and how well the SHL, Liiga, and the KHL leagues and associated junior leagues are scouted, you could do it but it would be hard. 

A 7th rd pick can become Victor Olofsson.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Considering that VO is one of the only 5 7th rd picks in 2014 to make the NHL at all, and that he is 28th in pts in the entire 2014 draft class, I'd say that pick turned out  ok.

But that's not the point. You're conflating 2 entirely different things.

We're now comparing zetterberg to olofsson for some reason and have moved away from the op.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

We’re just saying that it’s possible, although unlikely, that the 7th rd pick we get for Butcher could amount to something be it a 20 goal scorer like VO or a Star like Zetterberg.  

And I'm saying you're not getting a star like Zetterberg in the 7th anymore. When's the last star level 1st line forward in the 7th round? How often does that happen? 1 7th round pick every 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? 

My point is sure anything can happen but it's so unlikely that we shouldn't even bother thinking about it. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And I'm saying you're not getting a star like Zetterberg in the 7th anymore. When's the last star level 1st line forward in the 7th round? How often does that happen? 1 7th round pick every 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? 

My point is sure anything can happen but it's so unlikely that we shouldn't even bother thinking about it. 

There is usually 1-2 high quality players every year.  Dzingel, Weeger, VO, Palat, and Kase among others are all 7th rd picks in recent years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.