GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo 10/9/21 ***3:00 PM game*** MSG

bob_sauve28

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

Attached is a 9 min link from Sabres.com of a summary of the highlights. 

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment about it. It is going to be interesting to see if JJ Peterka makes the roster or is sent to Rochester to get more playing time? Based on his play he has earned a roster spot but from a developmental standpoint he might start the season in the AHL. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/det--buf/t-277443696/c-9120174

Also attached is a 5 min clip of Granato's post game comments. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/don-granato-postgame-10921/t-277437090/c-9119919

Really enjoy listing to Coach G’s pressers. He’s interesting like when he laughed about how they learned from the Pittsburg game (bad video is good video) 

they are learning! 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sentence (n) - a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.  

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952c06d9f2b05f70ab43

Edited by Buffalonill

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Went out with the wife half way through this game, just caught up with the rest of it. Nice to win but only one scorer's goal potted by the Sabres (JJ) tonight. But great energy. Execution still lacking. Anderson was solid. I'm worried Cozens is regressing some.

I'm okay with Dylan starting in Rochester. He'll be better for it in 6 months. He can come up to the big club for a month or two and then be back down for the RA playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

I'm okay with Dylan starting in Rochester. He'll be better for it in 6 months. He can come up to the big club for a month or two and then be back down for the RA playoff run.

I can't see any way that Dylan plays at all in Rochester this season, unless it is for a few games of injury rehab.  The Sabres are so thin everywhere, including centre, that it just won't happen, even if it would be the best thing for him.

Dylan Cozens will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2

Catching the 1st/2nd that I missed yesterday:

I really, really, hope Okposo stays healthy all season. Girgs, too.

Thompson at center and looking OK at it. His move off the wall, ripping a shot, was Jack-ish minus the display of power to shrug someone away. JJP's deflection was what made the difference, however.

JJP has earned a spot, but I'd still send him down to Rochester to form a Qui-(go)nn Jack and Jar Jar.... (It really should be R2 to become our Phantom Menace line wandering the streets of Mos Espa. I can work with that.)

Hayden will skate regularly, even if it means sending a talented player (JJP) down. Is he a JAG? Yes. But he brings something no one else on the roster does. The roster needs just a bit more tenacity/grit for balance. 

Bryson/Miller is a pairing too high, but they did play pretty well. This team needs Samuelsson, but I'd still send him to Rochester to play a bunch.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Tage’s preseason hasn’t been universally loved but Ive liked him, especially tonight. He’s frequently in the middle of things on both ends of the ice.

There will be Tage haters as long as he is here.  It got a start when he was one of the pieces back from the ROR deal.  It's gonna take a lot for him to overcome that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Sentence (n) - a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.  

Savage Af GIF

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

There will be Tage haters as long as he is here.  It got a start when he was one of the pieces back from the ROR deal.  It's gonna take a lot for him to overcome that.

I haven’t watched more than 10 minutes of this preseason so I can’t say whether this preseason was an improvement over previous preseasons for Tage, but my recollection of the past is that Tage had looked good every preseason and it didn’t carry through when the games were for real.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

I haven’t watched more than 10 minutes of this preseason so I can’t say whether this preseason was an improvement over previous preseasons for Tage, but my recollection of the past is that Tage had looked good every preseason and it didn’t carry through when the games were for real.

Yes that's true.  He's definitely been given the chances with the Sabres to show what he can do.  This season too.  He's being given a great opportunity.  I hope that he stays healthy and keeps his confidence high.  I thought it was strange to play him at center but I remembered that he was listed as a center when he was drafted.  He hasn't looked bad at center but lets see how he fares in the regular season against better competition. 

4 hours ago, Digger said:

Yes that's true.  He's definitely been given the chances with the Sabres to show what he can do.  This season too.  He's being given a great opportunity.  I hope that he stays healthy and keeps his confidence high.  I thought it was strange to play him at center but I remembered that he was listed as a center when he was drafted.  He hasn't looked bad at center but lets see how he fares in the regular season against better competition. 

He was given chances because we had no one else.  I think he has been rushed, like Mitts, and now the hope is that Granato can fill some of the blanks in their development.  They will be  asking a lot of these two.  

They should have played more AHL time in the past, and now it’s like playing a golf game, the next shot is what’s most important.   I am pulling for Tage to step up and be more consistent.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.