Sabres ranked number one prospect pool by Pronman

Crusader1969

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Because we don't fully agree. You are implying and stating (you've done both) that Adams is ignoring the center position and I am not convinced that is true. 

He is 0 for two drafts. 

PS I don’t hate Adams the person, I think he is unqualified for his position and in over head and the results speak for themselves.  I don’t there is any objective measure that says he is doing a good job.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He is 0 for two drafts. 

PS I don’t hate Adams the person, I think he is unqualified for his position and in over head and the results speak for themselves.  I don’t there is any objective measure that says he is doing a good job.

We don't agree. We don't agree and I have explained why I don't. 

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He is 0 for two drafts. 

Just call Adams a prick and be done with it, jeeze 

• Haha (+1) 1

For the record, we are tied for 3rd in the league in centres drafted in the 1st round over the past 8 years, with 4, all of them in the top 10. The Kings have picked 5 and the Devils 6.

The Ducks, Senators Blues and Oilers are the other teams to have invested 4 1st round picks in centres over that period.

Toronto, Tampa, Nashville, San Jose and the Islanders have picked 1. And the PIttsburgh Penguins havent picked any.

The Sabres have drafted 10 centres total over those 8 years.

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For the record, we are tied for 3rd in the league in centres drafted in the 1st round over the past 8 years, with 4, all of them in the top 10. The Kings have picked 5 and the Devils 6.

The Ducks, Senators Blues and Oilers are the other teams to have invested 4 1st round picks in centres over that period.

Toronto, Tampa, Nashville, San Jose and the Islanders have picked 1. And the PIttsburgh Penguins havent picked any.

The Sabres have drafted 10 centres total over those 8 years.

... and beyond the 1st rd?  For example TB has drafted 14 centers after the 1st rd in the last 8 drafts, including 6 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (including Cirelli and Point and both 2nd rd picks in 2020).  By contrast we have only drafted 8 non 1st rd centers, only two of which were in the second rd in Asplund and Davidsson.  The other 6 were in the 5th rd or later.  This is not just a KA issue, but a 20 year organizational issue for failing to draft and develop centers.   So over the last 8 years we have drafted 4 guy intended to be top 6 players and then did almost nothing to build depth at the position underneath the stars.  It's why we have to sign guys like Eakin.  It's partial why our rebuild didn't work.  We can and should do better.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

... and beyond the 1st rd?  For example TB has drafted 14 centers after the 1st rd in the last 8 drafts, including 6 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (including Cirelli and Point and both 2nd rd picks in 2020).  By contrast we have only drafted 8 non 1st rd centers, only two of which were in the second rd in Asplund and Davidsson.  The other 6 were in the 5th rd or later.  This is not just a KA issue, but a 20 year organizational issue for failing to draft and develop centers.   So over the last 8 years we have drafted 4 guy intended to be top 6 players and then did almost nothing to build depth at the position underneath the stars.  It's why we have to sign guys like Eakin.  It's partial why our rebuild didn't work.  We can and should do better.  

This is not accurate. 4 guys intended to be top 6 CENTERS

Also and again, we don't know the Eichel deal or what the center stacked 2022 draft will bring. 

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Been there, done that.  Pretty sure we've been ranked #1 or near #1 in the recent past.  Greta big yawn until we see how it really shakes out in 3 yrs or so.

Yup. Ranking prospects is meaningless IMO. Nobody knows anything until these people play at the NHL level. 

Pronman also said Mittelstadt would be better than Pettersson and would win the Calder. 

• Like (+1) 2

• nfreeman changed the title to Sabres ranked number one prospect pool by Pronman

I get the concern on the lack of centers in the pipeline.  Not too long ago we lacked defenseman prospects.  

We just need to bring in some center help from the eventual Eichel trade, and then spend more draft capital on the C position.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.