Peterka vs Quinn   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who cracks the lineup first and who is better long term

• Peterka cracks the lineup first and is better long term
    • Quinn cracks the lineup first and is better long term
    • Peterka cracks the lineup first but Quinn is better long term
    • Quinn cracks the lineup first but Peterka is better long term

12 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Rough season probably for all the drafted prospects.  He played in the WJC and some AHL games.  He also at least went through an NHL camp and practiced with AHL teams for most of the year.  I don't think it was ideal at all - but i wouldn't be surprised to see him with the big club next year.  

I do love quinn's shot though, he seems really natural transitioning from stick handling to shooting.  Comfortable around the net.  If they keep him in the minors (no idea the rules on if thats allowed), I think they'll try and make him a center, his game seems to involve the center of the ice quite a bit. 

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Jack Quinn spent more than a cup of tea with the Sabres next season. He's destined for a full AHL season to develop his game and bring it up to AHL speed. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Jack Quinn spent more than a cup of tea with the Sabres next season. He's destined for a full AHL season to develop his game and bring it up to AHL speed. 

You're probably right... depends how many gaping holes are on the roster, and if the seasons already a waste of time.  

Just now, Drag0nDan said:

You're probably right... depends how many gaping holes are on the roster, and if the seasons already a waste of time.  

Then there's no point. If those things are why he makes the team this management group is as dumb as all the previous ones under Pegulas. 

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Then there's no point. If those things are why he makes the team this management group is as dumb as all the previous ones under Pegulas. 

Michael Hauser played in actual NHL games due to this management. Nothing would surprise me.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am so tired of prospects being brought up and put in the sabers lineup too early.

Unless your name is Eichel or Dahlin, you should spend time in Rochester, and stay down there until your performance has everyone begging to have you be brought up because you're just killing the AHL competition.

For the long-term benefit of the team and the player, you are a lot better keeping someone in Rochester for 30 to 40 too many games, then bringing them up 30 or 40 games too early for their development.

• Like (+1) 4

On 5/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, Thorny said:

Rumor has it the following top 3 lines are written on a sticky note in Adams' office 

Ruotalainen - Beniers - Quinn

Olofsson - Cozens - Peterka

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

What about all the great players we get for Jack and Sam? 

Just now, mjd1001 said:

I am so tired of prospects being brought up and put in the sabers lineup too early.

Unless your name is Eichel or Dahlin, you should spend time in Rochester, and stay down there until your performance has everyone begging to have you be brought up because you're just killing the AHL competition.

For the long-term benefit of the team and the player, you are a lot better keeping someone in Rochester for 30 to 40 too many games, then bringing them up 30 or 40 games too early for their development.

This is largely the product of the planned suffering and tank. Once we totally cleaned shop of NHL-caliber players up top, and lacked sufficient mid-tier call-ups, our most capable players to call up were the kids. Girgensons, Grigorenko, Ristolainen, Zadorov... the very first fruits of the planned suffering start-up: they all should have come up for a drink of water and then gone right back down to ROC. Instead, only Zadorov went back, and that was apparently more because he missed a flight and was an immature 19? year-old at the time than his play on the ice. Then we traded them (Grigorenko, Zadorov, Armia) and there were no young stud building blocks in the AHL, and not yet ready for the continuous rigors of a tank-team in the NHL, and it spiralled.

Say what you will about Meszaros --- but he was in the NHL for a reason. $4M. Cap floor compliance. And sacrifice a year of his career for the money so that Ristolainen could've been protected (and then Risto made the team anyway). We needed another Meszaros, and probably for the next season as well, until a Risto or a Zadorov, or Girgs or Grigs or Armia was consistently dominating the AHL game week in and week out.

29 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Sure didn't hurt Vanek Roy and Pominville. 

Pominville had 68 in 78 the lockout year, and even the following started in the AHL and had 19 goals in 18 games.

THAT's certainly "begging" production 

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

What about all the great players we get for Jack and Sam? 

As mentioned I expect we have a player like Turcotte on the same level as those listed 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.