2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

12 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Thoughts on a draft scenario that looks like this? We take Cooley with our first pick, and then move both firsts and Ryan Johnson (assuming he doesn’t sign after the college season) to move back into the top 8ish and pick one of Nemec/Jiriceck. Not sure if that value is right, but will this team be better with a Cozens level talent and 2 Asplund level talents or 2 Cozens level talents? Just a thought.

Works for me.  Just trades don’t happen often, so I would consider the scenario unlikely  

Jiricek’s injury could push him down 10 spots or so. If one of Vegas or Panthers go out in rd 1.   Could possibly be available? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Sudbury traded off all their vets at the trade deadline. They walked into Kingston tonight and won 7-4.

Wright: 0 points, -3

He needs to pick up his game at some point here.

I watched about half of this game. He showed me nothing.

I did not see anything outstanding from him at the 2 World Junior games either.

His status is dropping in my opinion, I don’t think he’s a bust but perhaps his development has leveled off. Sean Day received exceptional status from the OHL at 15 and he is still in the minors. I think Wright will make it and be good but unless he picks his game up he will be challenged for 1st overall.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I watched about half of this game. He showed me nothing.

I did not see anything outstanding from him at the 2 World Junior games either.

His status is dropping in my opinion, I don’t think he’s a bust but perhaps his development has leveled off. Sean Day received exceptional status from the OHL at 15 and he is still in the minors. I think Wright will make it and be good but unless he picks his game up he will be challenged for 1st overall.

His lost year of development is showing. He's basically playing his D-1 year and that's gotta concern you. 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That seems extreme at this stage

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nhl-draft-class/id1458505005?i=1000547693342

This is a quote 

"NHLCSB Director of Scouting Dan Marr said that the top two was unanimous among as CSB scouts. Everyone had Wright and Cooley in the top 2. But not everyone had Wright at #1 - some had him at #2 with Cooley at #1."

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nhl-draft-class/id1458505005?i=1000547693342

This is a quote 

"NHLCSB Director of Scouting Dan Marr said that the top two was unanimous among as CSB scouts. Everyone had Wright and Cooley in the top 2. But not everyone had Wright at #1 - some had him at #2 with Cooley at #1."

I'm not disagreeing it's being said and done, I think doing it is premature still. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Not

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.