2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

Without Wright, am I correct in assuming our 1C need for next season needs to be addressed elsewhere? I don't see anyone we have that can fill that role currently. And I can't see a trade or FA for that need, which is concerning.

Edited by WildCard

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Without Wright, am I correct in assuming our 1C need for next season needs to be addressed elsewhere? I don't see anyone we have that can fill that role currently. And I can't see a trade or FA for that need, which is concerning.

There's next to zero chance that Adams brings in a C through trade or FA that's as good as the Cs here, I'd wager. 

I agree with dudacek when he says they appear to be rather comfortable with the thompson mittelstadt krebs cozens outlook. 

It's draft pending but if they don't take a C high, I don't think they are going to sweat it 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We aren't addressing 1c any time soon unless we develop our own, idk how we'd trade for 1 or if we even should. 

I don't think Wright would be 1c ready and I would leave him in the ohl honestly. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'll give you 5 that are subject to change

1. Wright

2. Nemec 

3. Cooley

4. Yurov

5. Jiricek

Kemell, Slafskovsky, Savoie, Lambert, Casey are also players to know. That's a short list. 

Well, 7/10 are Cs or RHD, so not a bad outlook at this time. Hopefully we fall on one of those 7 spots. Adding a guy named “Seamus” would be great. 

Is this draft still being considered a strong one or has Wright’s non-incredible start taken some of the lustre away? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Well, 7/10 are Cs or RHD, so not a bad outlook at this time. Hopefully we fall on one of those 7 spots. Adding a guy named “Seamus” would be great. 

Is this draft still being considered a strong one or has Wright’s non-incredible start taken some of the lustre away? 

Umm this draft is already being overshadowed by 2023. I'd call it an average draft talent wise with some decent depth. 

By overshadowed I mean this and remember I'm not even mentioning Bedard yet... equivalence meaning NHLe

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There's next to zero chance that Adams brings in a C through trade or FA that's as good as the Cs here, I'd wager. 

I agree with dudacek when he says they appear to be rather comfortable with the thompson mittelstadt krebs cozens outlook. 

It's draft pending but if they don't take a C high, I don't think they are going to sweat it 

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We aren't addressing 1c any time soon unless we develop our own, idk how we'd trade for 1 or if we even should. 

I don't think Wright would be 1c ready and I would leave him in the ohl honestly. 

Can't say I'm comfortable relying on Krebs/Cozens/Mitts as center going forward. A lot of unknown there and none really project to be a 1C. You can get away with that i.e. Drury/Brie, which I would love. Seems to be their plan I guess.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Umm this draft is already being overshadowed by 2023. I'd call it an average draft talent wise with some decent depth. 

By overshadowed I mean this and remember I'm not even mentioning Bedard yet... equivalence meaning NHLe

That's insane. Gonna be interesting to see who's in the running for a ta k next year. I hope we're nowhere near him

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Wright isn’t going to fill the 1C position next year.   Maybe he even stays in the CHL for a year.  He certainly isn’t dominating the OHL at this point.   
that being said, I have no issue with the Sabres depth chart  at center at this point. 
thompson 
cozens
Mitts 
Krebs

sure they need to add to it but doesn’t need to be with the first pick. 
Take the best player available  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The True McEichel

30 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Can't say I'm comfortable relying on Krebs/Cozens/Mitts as center going forward. A lot of unknown there and none really project to be a 1C. You can get away with that i.e. Drury/Brie, which I would love. Seems to be their plan I guess.

That's insane. Gonna be interesting to see who's in the running for a ta k next year. I hope we're nowhere near him

I agree wholeheartedly with the bit of this I bolded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Is Michkov's NHLe a case of the recent prowess of Kucherov, Panarin, and Kaprizov resetting the equations it's reflecting as a temporary spike in the values from MHL players?

No. He's outscoring the entire MHL and it's not close. He has double the amount of p1/60 of anyone else in the league currently. 

He scored 28pts in 11 MHL games and has 5 points in 13 khl games. He scored 3 goals in 2 games at the wjc.

He turned 17 on Dec 9th

• Thanks (+1) 1

I wonder if Jiricek will drop and how far he will after getting injured. Since rankings were not solidified yet, the consolidated had him at #11. Since he suffered a knee injury, we could see him drop maybe 10 spots because he will not play again b4 the draft. If he slides into that 20 range, you almost have to pull the trigger even with the risk. Nemec has a high floor with a lower ceiling and Jiricek has a lower floor with a higher ceiling. Both are good sized RHD but I would say Nemec is better in the D zone and Jiricek is better moving the puck up ice (more creative and aggressive). 

• spndnchz locked and unlocked this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.