2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

We're not there yet but the 2023 draft at the top will be bananas

Impressive!

I can’t wait to see the competition with Bedard over the next two years. A couple of teams will be getting some serious building blocks, maybe an entire foundation.

He’s rocking #39.

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes seeing how we lack talent i would rather have 15 years of  Being a contender then a  Bubble team

More accurately you are hoping for 15 yrs of no playoffs, a few mediocre years, and contender some time after.

Some people just like losing I guess.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

The Sabres won’t be in the Bedard Michkov race. I think a more likely target will be Buffalo boy Musty

How can anyone say this 16 games in this season buffalo has bottomed out after December every year i have no confidence in this team 

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

More accurately you are hoping for 15 yrs of no playoffs, a few mediocre years, and contender some time after.

Some people just like losing I guess.

Yes beacuse the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh just suck every year correct? 

The league is built around elite talent nothing more nothing less 

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How can anyone say this 16 games in this season buffalo has bottomed out after December every year i have no confidence in this team 

Yes beacuse the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh just suck every year correct? 

The league is built around elite talent nothing more nothing less 

Was that disagreement with what I posted?  It didn’t seem to respond to it directly at all.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes seeing how we lack talent i would rather have 15 years of  Being a contender then a  Bubble team

Id prefer to be a playoff team or bubble team, and hope that the team can make the right moves to improve further from there.

If the team misses the playoffs, sure, I’ll hope that they get to draft a great player, but I’m not going to hope that they finish at the bottom of the league or anything like that.

In your opinion, what do the Sabres need before they should try to win games?

Edited by Curt
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Id prefer to be a playoff team or bubble team, and hope that the team can make the right moves to improve further from there.

If the team misses the playoffs, sure, I’ll hope that they get to draft a great player, but I’m not going to hope that they finish at the bottom of the league or anything like that.

In your opinion, what do the Sabres need before they should try to win games?

Elite talent which they do not have need a guy or 2 that will be that .

Teams that won a cup have 1 or more elite players on that roster 

Edited by Buffalonill

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Elite talent which they do not have need a guy or 2 that will be that .

Teams that won a cup have 1 or more elite players on that roster 

Maybe they do have elite talent that just hasn’t finished developing yet.  Maybe they can draft elite talent in the mid 1st or even in later rounds.

What if they draft top 5 in the 2022 draft, should they then try to loose as much as possible to also draft high in 2023?  What if they miss out on the best prospects in 2023 and draft 5, should they try to loose again in the 2023-24 season.

How many years do you think it’s acceptable to loose on purpose?

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You said 15 years of no playoffs yet those 2 teams  Can always be in the mix to win the cup with elite  talent 

We've already been 10 seasons without playoffs.  What's a few more while we wait for a magic bullet? 

1. Take a look at the list of #1OAL picks that never won a cup

2.  We've had 3 swings at "elite talent" in the last 7 years.

3.  You don't build a winning team by losing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Tucker Robertson is a player Buffalo should look at in the 2-4 round range. He's 19 on June 22 but is another OHL guy who got screwed last year. This is the type of overage guy you should look for and he's currently 2nd in the ohl in ppg. The person in first will be 21 in January for comparison. 

16gp, 14g, 15a, 29pts. 

I believe Mason McTavish is on Tuckers team now so that will be interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

We've already been 10 seasons without playoffs.  What's a few more while we wait for a magic bullet? 

1. Take a look at the list of #1OAL picks that never won a cup

2.  We've had 3 swings at "elite talent" in the last 7 years.

3.  You don't build a winning team by losing. 

Tampa  Disagrees ..  Also can add in Colorado when they win their cup

45 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres are bringing in Krebs, Peterka, Quinn, Tuch, Power and Samuelsson to the roster next year. 

I think an upgrade to goaltending is made by a trade. 

This team will be closer to the playoffs than the Top Three next season 

Counting on rookies is a bad idea and could hurt them if rushed we tried that many times and didn't work out 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Maybe they do have elite talent that just hasn’t finished developing yet.  Maybe they can draft elite talent in the mid 1st or even in later rounds.

What if they draft top 5 in the 2022 draft, should they then try to loose as much as possible to also draft high in 2023?  What if they miss out on the best prospects in 2023 and draft 5, should they try to loose again in the 2023-24 season.

How many years do you think it’s acceptable to loose on purpose?

The owner probably wants to tank and get the star player there's no way the wanted to win this year .

3 key examples.

1. Signing Goalies that are trash 

2. Trading our players for picks 

3.Taking on Boychuks contract  When they could easily used that money to get a veteran center or help us win 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The owner probably wants to tank and get the star player there's no way the wanted to win this year .

3 key examples.

1. Signing Goalies that are trash 

2. Trading our players for picks 

3.Taking on Boychuks contract  When they could easily used that money to get a veteran center or help us win 

Weird hill to die on. They could literally add the most expensive player in the league and still be several million under the cap. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you're going to have 5 rookies + a rookie in the top 5 playing next year ? 6 in total i don't see it 

I asked my question first. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you're going to have 5 rookies + a rookie in the top 5 playing next year ? 6 in total i don't see it 

Also you didn't even read what I wrote. The 6 players listed are not all rookies. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.