OT:Toronto Blue Jays to Play Games at Sahlen’s Field this Summer

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Psh it’s a cake walk now with that stupid play-in game. 

In some ways it makes it harder to qualify for the traditional portions of the playoffs because you can finish 4th in the League over 162 games and be sent home after one loss. 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

In some ways it makes it harder to qualify for the traditional portions of the playoffs because you can finish 4th in the League over 162 games and be sent home after one loss. 

At least they shrunk it back down after last season's expanded pool. 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Psh it’s a cake walk now with that stupid play-in game. 

Compared to yesteryear?  Sure.

Compared to the NHL, or, even worse, the NBA (don't bother sharing the articles about the play-in system; I have read them and the system is garbage and if you want to argue there is a thread for it)?  No.

I think it's easier even in the NFL now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Compared to yesteryear?  Sure.

Compared to the NHL, or, even worse, the NBA (don't bother sharing the articles about the play-in system; I have read them and the system is garbage and if you want to argue there is a thread for it)?  No.

I think it's easier even in the NFL now.

I’m just bitter about change in baseball. I agree with you. 

Everyone is asking about what the Jays will charge. I went to their website and looked up what they are charging for games in Dunedin. Tickets range between $44 to $66. They might change more in the best sections but because those are were sold out I couldn't see what they cost. They also might charge a premium for Yankees and Red Sox games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Everyone is asking about what the Jays will charge. I went to their website and looked up what they are charging for games in Dunedin. Tickets range between $44 to $66. They might change more in the best sections but because those are were sold out I couldn't see what they cost. They also might charge a premium for Yankees and Red Sox games.

No worries about BoSox premiums.  Only selling 8 games - Marlins, Astros, Yanks.

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I got my tix for the Astros Sat & Sun. Weekday prices run $56-90. Yankee games were $102-206!! Very limited seating. Looks like the saved 2/3 of the stadium for the unvaxxed. Pickings were already slim. I doubt anything will be left tomorrow.

Unvaxxed sections will have everyone distanced.

Valued sections will have different pods next to each other.  

Expecting they probably split the sales equally between the 2 categories.  Which would explain why only ~1/3 of the tix sold were in the vaxxed sections.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Unvaxxed sections will have everyone distanced.

Valued sections will have different pods next to each other.  

Expecting they probably split the sales equally between the 2 categories.  Which would explain why only ~1/3 of the tix sold were in the vaxxed sections.

The 4-seat pod thing didn't exist in the vaxxed sections. You can buy any number of seats available.

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I take it there is nothing to stop the early bird purchasers, from buying the max tickets for each game and reselling on secondary market?

I don't think there is.  That's why my estimate of what tickets will cost was so high.

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I take it there is nothing to stop the early bird purchasers, from buying the max tickets for each game and reselling on secondary market?

You have to use the MLB Ballpark app to manage your tickets. It does allow you to transfer so, yeah, I guess you could scalp them. But you can only transfer to another person with that app. In fact, as in my case, I was getting tickets for a group of friends, I have to transfer their tickets to their phones in order enter. You also have to present your vaxx card to gain admittance. But if you buy unvaxxed section seats you don't have to show anything. Just walk in. If you try to buy tomorrow, you'll see buttons for vaxxed and unvaxxed fans. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

https://buffalonews.com/sports/baseball/blue-jays-ticket-prices-be-ready-to-pay-to-see-the-visits-by-the-yankees/article_07c075b6-b8b1-11eb-a039-8b48754e438a.html

Vaccinated section pricing:

June 1 vs. Miami: $60/$97

June 2 vs. Miami: $42/$67

June 4 vs. Houston: $56/$90

June 5 vs. Houston: $70/$113

June 6 vs. Houston: $63/$102

June 15 vs. New York Yankees: $126/$204

June 16 vs. New York Yankees: $115/$185

June 17 vs. New York Yankees: $126/$204

There are multiple prices for the pod seating. Wednesday morning prices show the following:

June 1 vs. Miami: $39-57-63-74-102

June 2 vs. Miami: $27-39-44-51-71

June 4 vs. Houston: $36-53-59-62-95

June 5 vs. Houston: $45-66-74-78-119

June 6 vs. Houston: $41-60-66-70-107

June 15 vs. New York: $81-120-143-215

June 16 vs. New York: $74-109-121-130-195

June 17 vs. New York: $81-120-143

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The 4-seat pod thing didn't exist in the vaxxed sections. You can buy any number of seats available.

You can still only buy up to 4 seats (no data on whether that requirement gets lifted tomorrow) even in the vaxxed sections.  But you may very well be sitting next to someone outside your party there.  (The BJ's website says there is no distancing in the vaxxed sections.)

For the unvaxxed sections, seats are sold in pods which are distanced from other pods & you must purchase the entire pod.

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to use the MLB Ballpark app to manage your tickets. It does allow you to transfer so, yeah, I guess you could scalp them. But you can only transfer to another person with that app. In fact, as in my case, I was getting tickets for a group of friends, I have to transfer their tickets to their phones in order enter. You also have to present your vaxx card to gain admittance. But if you buy unvaxxed section seats you don't have to show anything. Just walk in. If you try to buy tomorrow, you'll see buttons for vaxxed and unvaxxed fans. 

Thx

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

To all the people who scooped up tickets with the intention of selling them on the secondary market...i hope you end up losing money on the deal. 

I had some things to do at 10, so I missed out.  I will try for the next group of games. 

The BJ's website said tix for the Baltimore series (6/24?) will go on sale 6/3.  Presuming the games will still be in Buffalo then.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:37 PM, LabattBlue said:

To all the people who scooped up tickets with the intention of selling them on the secondary market...i hope you end up losing money on the deal. 

I had some things to do at 10, so I missed out.  I will try for the next group of games. 

I don't see many Buffalo marlins fans willing to spend to see them, Astros maybe. I think the only games you could probably make some money reselling would be the Yankees series where I'm expecting 90% of the crowd to be Yankees fans since jays fans can't just cross the border to go to a game..... 

I don't see the Jays coming back to Ontario until atleast sometime in mid-late July if we are lucky, very lucky.

The Canadians are the first sports team in Canada to start letting fans in and their playing teams that haven't left Canada

The Jays may get a little lucky in the 2nd half of the summer if you guys force the border open and the Jays announce the roof is stuck in the open position making it an 'Outdoor venue'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.