2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

2020 and 2019 were crazy drafts. 2019 was deep as all hell. 2020 had a really good top. I think part of that comment also reflects that there is a lot of uncertainty in this draft so they don't want to say "Beniers would have gotten drafted in the top 10 last year as well." I think that the back half of the top 10 you could have seen some of these guys in but again, Covid has made this entire class very uncertain. For example is Sanderson better than this years top defenders... maybe. Drysdale probably is because of his offense. Is Holtz better than the forwards... meh, I mean Eklund pretty much outplayed him on his own team so you can make the argument there. Is Beniers better than Perfetti, probably not but his 2-way game is. I think Elite is right though and this class is just a below what we saw last year. 

Is Guenther better than Quinn? No, I think Quinn brings more tools (better shot) but one could make an argument. 

I agree that last year’s group was better.

The pandemic effect on this year’s group has impacted them in multiple ways. They have had fewer or in some cases no games. Practice time was limited or non existent for some guys. Some were in tough to view places in Europe. Scouts were not travelling and viewing what games were played. The psychological impact of it all in a crucial development year cannot be underestimated.

It is interesting that Eklund is outplaying Holtz, I didn’t want him last year.

I am not sold on Byfield, he is young but has a way to go before being a 1C. His size may mean a slower development curve.

Perfetti has mad skills but I do not like his overall game. He seems afraid of contact and puck battles. His skating is average and he didn’t seem to care about the defensive end of the ice. He will have to show me something from the World Championship to change my mind.

39 minutes ago, French Collection said:

It is interesting that Eklund is outplaying Holtz, I didn’t want him last year.

I feel that based on what I have read and what I have been able to watch but I am sure others would disagree. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Wow having Hughes  out of the top ten is  Disrespectful and unforgettable

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I feel that based on what I have read and what I have been able to watch but I am sure others would disagree. 

hes also out played Raymond 

You're  correct 

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This draft will be like the 2014 draft .

Question is whos the Draisaitl?

* note to everyone not comparing players *

- power - Ekblad

- beniers - reinhart

Even today Reinhart can't skate like Beniers. Even if all their other skills were the same, the skating level of Beniers would project him to a better player than Samson. I do see you are not comparing them directly just saying in general I think they present as different prospects to me. What I am saying is I think Reinhart was drafted where he should have been and Beniers there is less certainty where he will go so I find it different. 

However if you want me to guess on the possible Draisaitl of this class, Fydor Svechkov or Mason McTavish or Kent Johnson. In this context I am looking at a player that will fall outside the top 3 and will be as good or possibly better than those top 3. Note I am not saying these guys will but they have the chance to be. 

Edited by LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Even today Reinhart can't skate like Beniers. Even if all their other skills were the same, the skating level of Beniers would project him to a better player than Samson. I do see you are not comparing them directly just saying in general I think they present as different prospects to me. 

However if you want me to guess on the possible Draisaitl of this class, Fydor Svechkov or Mason McTavish or Kent Johnson. In this context I am looking at a player that will fall outside the top 3 and will be as good or possibly better than those top 3. Note I am not saying these guys will but they have the chance to be. 

Im going to say raty or dach

Edited by Buffalonill

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Im going to say ratty or dach

you mean Colton Dach?

Draisaitl had all the skills and IQ his skating was just a hinderance (which he fixed). Raty has decision making problems and I don't think you can fix those. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

you mean Colton Dach?

Draisaitl had all the skills and IQ his skating was just a hinderance (which he fixed). Raty has decision making problems and I don't think you can fix those. 

So raty goes from the all around  Package to be selected 1st overall to nothing .

Scouts are funny he is gonna make everyone regret this

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So raty goes from the all around  Package to be selected 1st overall to nothing .

Scouts are funny he is gonna make everyone regret this

I don't think he is nothing. I think we saw a physical mature kid overpower less mature kids and now that he has to play physically mature adults the holes in his game became more apparent. I still think Raty could be a decent NHL player. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think he is nothing. I think we saw a physical mature kid overpower less mature kids and now that he has to play physically mature adults the holes in his game became more apparent. I still think Raty could be a decent NHL player. 

Scouts have destroyed draft  Positions for lundell,couturier, chychrun, barzal , huberdeau ,pettersson

Let the tradition continue

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Scouts have destroyed draft  Positions for lundell,couturier, chychrun, barzal , huberdeau ,pettersson

I had Lundell ahead of Quinn and Perfetti I think last year. 

Pettersson went 5th overall so idk if you can include him. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Also, I am not scout. Raty has some things in his game that bother me and that's why I put him where I do. I can be wrong but I can also only go by what is there. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I had Lundell ahead of Quinn and Perfetti I think last year. 

Pettersson went 5th overall so idk if you can include him. 

Also, I am not scout. Raty has some things in his game that bother me and that's why I put him where I do. I can be wrong but I can also only go by what is there. 

Are you watching this years tape or last years of his play ?

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Are you watching this years tape or last years of his play ?

Mostly this because as far as I know he hasn't been injured and is playing at a higher competition level. 

Idc what most guys did last year unless they didn't play, are injured, or there's some miscellaneous reason to take a hard look at older stuff. Raty if you watch his older stuff is a boy among men and it shows. It is the same problem with watching Casey Mittelstadt playing in HS, it just is a player at level the rest are not near doing what they want. 

18 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

matthew beniers  Isn't playing good at all he looks very out of place .

Hopefully its "Rust"

Sounds like that 4th line got limited ice. Didn't have a chance to watch but it's of note he was blah. 

Zellweger would be a heavy target if I were the Sabres going into the round 2nd round. 

Actually, he is my 33rd overall target and I would be willing to trade back into the first for him. He's not only good he's absurdly young for his draft class. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.