2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

16 hours ago, Weave said:

I still don't think Mittelstadt is well suited for life on the wing.  He does his best work when he doesn't have a wall on his right side.

Then play him on the left wing where he belongs

Any centre can play wing, it's the easier position - he's definitely "suited" for it. Now obviously there are players who can better maximize the C of the ice, and maybe Mittelstadt is better at C - but in my estimation I think we'd lose more of Cozens game at W than we would Casey's. The 200 foot game is a big part of this, specifically in the neutral and defensive zones, with how Cozens projects. Offensive players can go whereever they want in the O-zone anyways, there's nothing to stop Mittelstadt from playing in the "middle" in the o-zone even if he lines up on the left in the d-zone. 

Whoever ends up the better player, put that guy at C. I still think that's Cozens, so I have Cozens at C. If Cozens becomes our 2nd best C like most seem to be predicting, moving him to W wouldn't make sense. 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How's Jack Quinn been by the way? Looking forward to another chance on a pick we have to hit on, but won't see for two years, has me wondering how Quinn is working out. Will we see him next year?

He had surgery to repair a groin tear and his season is done for the year. 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wonder if players like Beniers and Power will get a look at the World Championships? They haven’t played in so long and all looks are crucial this season. Eklund will play for Sweden.  I can’t see a ton of NHL guys being enthralled with the idea of going to the Worlds this season with the pandemic so maybe some kids get a chance to step in.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I wonder if players like Beniers and Power will get a look at the World Championships? They haven’t played in so long and all looks are crucial this season. Eklund will play for Sweden.  I can’t see a ton of NHL guys being enthralled with the idea of going to the Worlds this season with the pandemic so maybe some kids get a chance to step in.

Eklund , jj will be fun to watch 

NHL’s 2014 draft class lacking standouts

The year of the … what? That’s the takeaway from talking to NHL scouts about this year’s draft class.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/nhls-2014-draft-class-lacking-standouts-concentration/

Deja vu ?????  Standouts they sure missed out on  a lot 

SatisfiedEquatorialAtlasmoth-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Buffalonill

50 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

" Scouts" said the 2014 draft would be the weakest ever yet they missed a generational talent? Wow Great scouting Ability.

If you look back That 2014 is the same talent as 2015 

Who the heck is the generational talent from 2014? Please don't say Draisaitl. Draisaitl is not a generational talent who just happens to play with another generational talent. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Overreaction at the finest he probably thought  Nathan mackinnon shouldn't have been picked 1st .

MacKinnon played at the WJC as an 18 year old. Not surprising he didn't have a good tournament.  

Guenther played in the U18 as an 18 year old. Not sure we are comparing Apples to Apples here.  

There is no doubt that teams are going to have to have a real close look at the 12 games he played in the WHL, after his performance at this tournament. He definitely wasn't terrible but he never really stood out either.  

Not that my list matters at all, but as for who I want the Sabres to draft im thinking he's now behind Clarke.

Beneirs
Eklund
Clarke
Gunther

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

MacKinnon played at the WJC as an 18 year old. Not surprising he didn't have a good tournament.  

Guenther played in the U18 as an 18 year old. Not sure we are comparing Apples to Apples here.  

There is no doubt that teams are going to have to have a real close look at the 12 games he played in the WHL, after his performance at this tournament. He definitely wasn't terrible but he never really stood out either.  

Not that my list matters at all, but as for who I want the Sabres to draft im thinking he's now behind Clarke.

Beneirs
Eklund
Clarke
Gunther

Eichel wasn't much of anything at the WJC, for what it's worth

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Who the heck is the generational talent from 2014? Please don't say Draisaitl. Draisaitl is not a generational talent who just happens to play with another generational talent. 

The same guy thats going to be a HOF and the best  German ever? 

And lets not do Draisaitl is only good beacuse of Mcdavid 

https://thehockeywriters.com/oilers-draisaitl-good-without-mcdavid/

Edited by Buffalonill

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The same guy thats going to be a HOF and the best  German ever? 

And lets not do Draisaitl is only good beacuse of Mcdavid 

https://thehockeywriters.com/oilers-draisaitl-good-without-mcdavid/

He's awesome. But he's not a generational player. He hasn't even matched Kucherov's total of 128 points in a season, is Kucherov generational? And Draisaitl did it benefiting from playing the PP with an actual generational player, and plenty of ES mintues with said. 

Your link is fine, but now link the article that says Draisaitl generational without McDavid

Edited by Thorny

52 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He's awesome. But he's not a generational player. He hasn't even matched Kucherov's total of 128 points in a season, is Kucherov generational? And Draisaitl did it benefiting from playing the PP with an actual generational player, and plenty of ES mintues with said. 

Your link is fine, but now link the article that says Draisaitl generational without McDavid

Ok call him a franchise player then still the  Scouts were totally wrong about the draft in 2014 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.